Ferrari suitable as a daily driver?

Re: Ferrari suitable as a daily driver?

Ferrari as a daily car absolutely NO problem......... except in Singapore.

Fuel consumption, all the stopping and moving off, the jams, the hot and humid weather.
Seriously, how often will u get to really feel the kick of the Ferrari EXCEPT on the NS highway.
Expressways in Singapore are considered minor roads as compared to the AutoBahn in Germany...
It is no doubt a beautiful and fast car. But paying so much money but yet not being able to unleash that monster engine is pitiful.
Porbably best part would be reving past Orchard road or bus stops. Sure cause broken necks and dropping jaws.
IMO, get a proper "Singapore" sports car like the Maserati, Porsche, Aston Martin, M3, M5 or even a M6 and MOD it.

However, if you're flithy rich and u really have no idea how to spend ur money.
Ignore the BS above :)

F430 is a everyday car. Used to own a 360 modena. No problems also. Used to drive the 360 to KL very often and it did not let me down. Only have to worry about the clutch and engine, timing belting. For everyday drive, i must say PORSCHE is the best choice. Good work horse. Service and drive. No worrys and headache. Owned 2 C4S's before. Never failed me. Don worry about mileage on superscars, they are meant to be "Whacked".

ya lor..ppl who buy exotic and keep at home are posers..

alot of singaporeans are poser..

Thanks guys for the inputs.

I plan to drive the car on a daily basis and of course bring it up to KL whenever I go...which is quite often. Thus my concern on reliability.

But from what I have read, seems like reliability is a non issue if the car is maintained well. As for wear and tear, a few people here have implied that the clutch and timing belt are high wear items. What mileage are we talking about if it is driven hard on the NS and easy in the city with the occasional track day thrown in? 20K KM? Or less?

Herman mentioned that an Aston Martin may be a better choice for a daily. Are AMs better suited to our climate?

I know that Porches are the cars to go with for reliability, but as mentioned before, I have absolutely no feelings for them at all. So Porsche is out for my first "supercar" purchase.

Taxi ride pls. For the new one and the soon to be new one. Thank you. hahahahaha

Get the ferrari, no brainer. Get a yellow one, niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Aston Martin's agent maintenance is a nightmare. Go check around on their mechanics' rotational schedule - they are not always based in Singapore. Your downtime could be demoralising........

kenntona;341099 said:
Aston Martin's agent maintenance is a nightmare. Go check around on their mechanics' rotational schedule - they are not always based in Singapore. Your downtime could be demoralising........

Thanks for the info. When I spoke to McCully, he said that routine maintainence turnaround time is 2 days.

If what you say is true, hate to think what a mechanical failure woule entail :confused:

kenntona;341099 said:

:whythis:

you'd imagine much better servicing for the amt of $$$$ spent on the car

For that reason, a used 8-mth old AMV8, which carries an OMV of S$180K, is priced so close to a brand new Gran Turismo, which carries an OMV of about S$130K.

No brainer, or no free lunch?

from my extremely limited knowledge, i honestly thought the Aston was a more comfortable car to be in compared to the Ferrari.

No idea on the driving and maintainence, cause im not the driver or the owner, but from sitting in both of them once or twice, i think that if i was driving the ferrari everyday, in a traffic jam.. it would get abit more uncomfortable than if your in the aston martin.

Cause at least you get a bit more comfort to tide you over the nice 1hour long jams on the PIE and CTE before and after work hours!

whatever you get eventually Ken, me chope taxi ride! Thank ye in advance... :p

timechaser;341795 said:
Why not a Nissan GT-R ;)

Not a prancing horse but...

Because it is a Nissan?

Kidding...cos I already have something similar...and it is a Nissan :)

Just wanted to treat myself and get one of my dreamcars.

The GTR is the only car besides Ferrari that makes me consider a red car. I think the GTR looks great in red :)

Summer;341855 said:
whatever you get eventually Ken, me chope taxi ride! Thank ye in advance... :p

hitmee;341862 said:
kenn
i chope too

Can...priority goes to those that wear skirts and clean shaven legs :D

But have to wait long long as I am only planning to order end of this year. Still doing my research and deciding which one to buy.

The Aston sure looks more comfortable than a Ferrari.
I always felt that the Aston is more "exotic" simply because i see more Ferraris than Astons in Singapore...
The DB9 is such a beauty.

ken, if u get the prancing horse ... u need to change the pic in your signature. no more space left for a dog in the back :)

please slot me in for a taxi ride in the outgoing ride and the new ride too, thanks!

No experience driving both of them but the AMV8 soundtrack is to die for...

Have to agree with Herman that Aston is more "exotic" than Ferrari or Lambo 'cos rarer in Singapore. But I show many Sg non-car lovers pictures of the Aston and comments are usually like "very beautiful - but what brand ah?" Not Fellali or Larmbo ah? Expensive or not? Can I buy wan?

Also heard from my friend in the US that the Astons are not quite reliable... "handmade craftmanship but ford reliability". That said I would love to own one - you only live once anyway.
But I empty my piggybank and look at the coins... sigh, can still only get BMW leh. :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s666boston

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back