FC and petrol grade for F20

Re: FC and petrol grade for F20

Just newbie;795775 said:
Bro, I just feel weird comparing my fc with those posted at sgcarmart at 17.2km/L. Too far away from that. Some more I've been light on my foot. Hope things will change after run in.

First few tanks normally tend to have lower FC but will improve once the car is run in. Alternatively maybe you might want to try running on a lower ron? My ex-ride have a better FC running on ron 95 as compared to 98.

Just my 2 cents.

Spend $450 on Pivot Throttle Controller, select ECO mode, can save alot of petrol leh!

Hi all,

Opening up an old thread. Will be getting my hatchback near end Nov and wondering what petrol grade you guys pump for ur 116i?
Thinking of just using SPC 95 for economical sense.

Looking to hear your input. Thanks.

Ken

95 saves how much compare to 98 per 116 tank? Just curious.

Borrowing from the post in first page, save $2 per tank.
Assuming a tank each week, your 116 is free after abt 1500 years

$2 per tank? How many tanks per month?

Go with Ron 92, cannot be wrong

hi ken

economically,
SPC 95 ron is ok. similar to caltex 95 ron.

so is shell 95 ron, esso 95 ron.

98Ron for the 116 i don't think will make much of a difference. but try it out and see. some say 98 gives better mileage.
V-power would be an extremely expensive overkill.

if its a new car, you might need to break it in to compare the difference. maybe after 10 full tanks you can see the difference. but you need to monitor it very carefully.

for old car, need to check over 6.5 full tanks.

then you need to compare mileage per litre for each fuel type and also from each fuel company. at the same time making sure that the driving conditions and ambient temperature is identical to have the best comparison. no point saving $1 for a full tank and then losing 30km on mileage. I would suggest keeping a detailed log to ensure that mileage to the litre is optimised.

Then there is the other issue of what time to pump petrol. since we are paying by volume, you need to pump when the temperature is coolest to ensure that you get the most calorific value per litre. pumping it just before the light of dawn would be best. Must check the daily sunrise times and pump 5mins before to ensure that the tank is full before the break of dawn.
Of course there is another school of thought which says don't pump the tank full because it adds weight, which in turn affects fuel economy. Best would be to do a trial and error and pump in 1 litre increments to check whats the best vol to consumption ratio.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Drive BMW, of course pump 98.

Reactions: ffl

The higher the Ron - the less likely it would knock especially for rides with turbo (s).

lizardking;1104563 said:
Hi all,

Opening up an old thread. Will be getting my hatchback near end Nov and wondering what petrol grade you guys pump for ur 116i?
Thinking of just using SPC 95 for economical sense.

Looking to hear your input. Thanks.

Ken

All pros and senior, is it normal for a 120i (2011) fuel consumption 46L for only 350km , hardly heavy foot, coz driven by my wife.. Is it normal?

She must be driving really hard! that is the kind of mileage i got for my previous E83, which is a 2.5l engine and a super heavy SUV body!

lianghai;1125435 said:
All pros and senior, is it normal for a 120i (2011) fuel consumption 46L for only 350km , hardly heavy foot, coz driven by my wife.. Is it normal?

Hi all...my ride is making 650km per tank before reserve warning. Is this normal or can do better for a 116d?

I frankly think that the better fuel grades are for cleaner burning and less carbon buildup on the intake valves by 50000km needing a walnut blasting. Because it is now turbo and direct injection engine today.

This would be my priority for cleaning agents in the fuel also better engine oil.
better octane is good but really, more cleaner agents in fuel.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keonhacainexus
Back