F30 Steering Issue?

rav

Hi guys,

I collected my new F30 316i sport about a month ago. When I drive, I find that I need to very slightly tilt my steering wheel to the left in order to go straight. Since this is a new car, could it be an alignment issue? Or issit normal for continental cars?

Also, my door handle has been scratched (pain chipped) due to someone knocking into my door when they opened their car door. Can car groomers touch up this scratch? If change door handle from PML, any idea how much it will cost?

Thanks !

Re: F30 Steering Issue?

Hi and congrats on the car.

Quite likely your alignment is out, although sometimes it is the road that causes the car to pull slightly to one side.

If you need to pull significantly to one side to travel straight, get your alignment checked. You may contact our site sponsors' Rim/Tyres workshops. In my limited knowledge, the ones like Top93 and Optima Werkz offer alignment services.

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/rims-tyres/

For paint touch up, you can contact our Int/Ext workshops. Read their respective sites for more info.

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/interior-exterior-care/

Hi Bros,

Each time I go over a steep hump commonly found in car parks or Woodlands Checkpoint, my steering feels loose on one wheel, with a sound that makes you think that wheel is coming off. It's ok after that.

Anyone with a similar problem? Brought it to PML but you know how great their mechanics are right? Say nothing wrong. They are only good at replacing parts and oil changes. Tested on a friend's F30, no such issue. Anyone has a clue before I send it to the neighbourhood mechanic who has solved problems PML were unable to?

thanks guys!

bimmerman;1063602 said:
Hi Bros,

Each time I go over a steep hump commonly found in car parks or Woodlands Checkpoint, my steering feels loose on one wheel, with a sound that makes you think that wheel is coming off. It's ok after that.

Anyone with a similar problem? Brought it to PML but you know how great their mechanics are right? Say nothing wrong. They are only good at replacing parts and oil changes. Tested on a friend's F30, no such issue. Anyone has a clue before I send it to the neighbourhood mechanic who has solved problems PML were unable to?

thanks guys!

I had the same issue before. Found that it was because my damper was worn out on one side. Although it could also be a range of other issues as well.

I suggest you bring it down to one of the site sponsor workshops like R2D or Boss to get the problem diagnosed properly and rectified. Good luck!

Thanks guys. Why can't PML find that out? F30 is still under warranty. Do you think it covers this?

Hi bimmerman, this is a known issue with the EPS. I had the same with my car. Kept haranguing PML. They finally did solve my issue. Claimed it was due to a bolt of some sort that wasn't tight enough.

Sounded fishy to me but I didn't pursue as they fixed my problem. It was like an obvious clunking noise anytime the car went over an undulation/hump on the road with the steering off-centre.

Known issue. Lots of complaints on f30post.com as well.

Cheers

Can find out more from them ?

Would be beneficial to the community .....

340driver;1063949 said:
Hi bimmerman, this is a known issue with the EPS. I had the same with my car. Kept haranguing PML. They finally did solve my issue. Claimed it was due to a bolt of some sort that wasn't tight enough.

Sounded fishy to me but I didn't pursue as they fixed my problem. It was like an obvious clunking noise anytime the car went over an undulation/hump on the road with the steering off-centre.

Known issue. Lots of complaints on f30post.com as well.

Cheers

bimmerman;1063602 said:
Hi Bros,

thanks guys!

hi, i have kind of the same issue. with a knocking sound at times when i go over bumps.. have u found out the cause?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
co88jcom1

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back