F30 pls Owners Come In

Re: F30 pls Owners Come In

ericwee;792773 said:
Yes I know about turning off the traction control. My old E90 LCI screeched loudly doing the same road at much lower speeds with traction control on (although I must say it had skinnier tyres). But that road is too narrow to allow the tail to slide out even a little in case I have to do a mid-corner correction because of on-coming traffic crossing into my lane (think SBS bus). I don't want my rims to suffer any more damage. Well my wife in the first week of driving our new car scraped the left rear rims while turning in a parking lot. She did the exact same thing at the same turn 3 years ago with my E90! Urrrrrrrrggggggg.

Oic, my current E90 Pre LCI does not screech with the traction control on around the corners. Maybe mine is 320 and with wide tyres, not enuf power to make the tyres screech lol. The F30 looks great, the interior looks way better than the E90 and interior space is also alot more spacious.

Enjoy your F30! :)

ericwee;792744 said:
Would like to report that the F30 328i luxury standard suspension is really good and sufficient for all intents and purposes (except track perhaps). The F30 suspension may seem a bit on the soft side and leans a little in turns but it really sticks to the line and goes whereever it is pointed to. Took my car for a spin through the South Buona Vista run at rather high speeds yesterday (with nobody in front of me finally) and the tail never once stepped out nor was there any protest or even a bit of noise from the standard Pirelli tires. Totally neutral handling. This is really a great car indeed. BMW has a winner on its hands.

Hi, I'm new here. My 328i luxury came with CSC5 RFTs instead of Pirellis. Strange :thinking:

sleet;792785 said:
Hi, I'm new here. My 328i luxury came with CSC5 RFTs instead of Pirellis. Strange :thinking:
Why strange?

From the forums, I read that there are a few brands (I think 3) that are currently OEM for the new 3 series. I think the other brand is Michellin if I remember correctly.

davidtch;792786 said:
Why strange?

thought they would all be the same brand given the current 328s on the roads are identical luxury lines just in different paint/seat colours and the order was placed by the same distributor and we all are probably around the same initial shipment

wonder how bmw in munich decides which brand of tires to fit which car..

BMW must be producing these cars like widgets, i.e. by the thousands and thousands. No surprise that they will have different suppliers for tyres. Anyway, all should be pretty good as RFTs have come a long way. The way the 328 on 18inch RFT behaves is way better than the E90 on even 16 inch rims and higher profile normal tyres. It is so much smoother in ride comfort yet it loses nothing, no... actually it is way better at cornering . The BMW suspension engineers are magicians. They must have spent a lot of time and effort tuning the suspension setup.

sleet;792791 said:
thought they would all be the same brand given the current 328s on the roads are identical luxury lines just in different paint/seat colours and the order was placed by the same distributor and we all are probably around the same initial shipment

wonder how bmw in munich decides which brand of tires to fit which car..
For volume manufacturer, they would have multiple supplier of tyre lah.

How they choose?

By random luck lor. Are you sure it comes from Munich?

Pretty sure it is made in Germany as it says so on the car. And since the new plant manufacturing the 3 series is in Munich, yes it should be from there. When I bought my previous 3 series, the E90 LCI, the 318i was then made in Germany and the 320i batch at that time was from South Africa.

Anyway, my F30 has a VIN starting with "WB" which means it comes from Germany. Anything that goes from WA-W0 in fact is made in Germany (e.g. WA, WB, WC, ,...). Just search VIN and you can find this information easily.

sleet;792785 said:

check with Andrew Fowley, his also 328i Lux

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fun88fo1

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back