F30 Oil Filter Module Recall?

gotham88

Hi all!

Sent my 2012 F30 328 in for normal servicing today at PML. Was told by the service rep that there is a recall for my car - to replace the oil filter module.

Went online and couldn't find anything. Anyone has any idea what this recall is about and what it involves?:confused:

Cheers!

Re: F30 Oil Filter Module Recall?

If not wrong ur oil filter housing is plastic. They will replace it with a aluminum 1.
Maybe when you collect you car, just ask them to show you.

Take a picture n share it here. I'm also driving 2012 F30 328.

OK - That's what my kaki said may be the case as well! Will update when I collect my ride tomorrow. Cheers!

jus curious.. would they show us if we really ask for it ??

Mine replaced some time back, issue with plastic one is that it leaks. New one looks like that, the part under the 2 hex bolts all metal now

View attachment 73471

Hi all!

Just got a call from PML to go pick up my car. They confirmed what Williamm & Growler said - they replaced the plastic version with an aluminium version. So I am guessing they are replacing the part when people go back to service their cars.... Cos as far as I am aware, there wasn't a general recall.

I think they only replace if the leak is obvious .......

The picture above posted by growler is from a 320 or 328? The 328 has an exchanger on top of it?

vwsb3m.jpg

This is considered changed to aluminium? Thx

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i9bet41so

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back