F10 Brake

z76

Hi Gurus

I just recently did my servicing and was advised that the front brake rotors were thinning - suggested to change but i held on as preferred to have aftermarket ones. Any recommendations and what are the damages like?

Besides, what other aftermarket brake pads are recommended? the one replaced are full of brake dust.... thinking to get mintex, bendix or ebc red stuff but not sure if they do carry for F10 and where to get.

Worse case - will get aftermarket 'reasonable' BKK....

Answers are really appreciated.

Re: F10 Brake

you try the search function ?
lots of brakes stuff for F10, a group buy for EBC pads was concluded a while ago

If your budget is tight and brake dust + good bite are concerns, go to our site sponsor workshops and ask if they carry EBC. If budget is not an issue, go for BBK. Both ways will reduce brake dust + give more bite, to varying extents. As above post, do a search if u want more info. Cheers!

seanskye;1055554 said:
If your budget is tight and brake dust + good bite are concerns, go to our site sponsor workshops and ask if they carry EBC. If budget is not an issue, go for BBK. Both ways will reduce brake dust + give more bite, to varying extents. As above post, do a search if u want more info. Cheers!

changed to Black rims???

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Actually..... Most value mod is to change ssbh....stainless steel braided hose....the pedal feel very shiok-reroo...

Oh... And when you change aftermarket brake pads... Make sure you change higher temp brake fluid.

Btw, why forummers change to ebc red stuff? Good meh? Its a track pad meant for higher temps... On regular 'cold mornings' might not be so jiak since track pads work at higher temps.

Can potentially be more dusty and noisy too....and brake rotor unfriendly....

I reckon ebc yellows as intermediates enough liao....

Is green stuff stopping power good enuff in your opinion ? I'm planning to go that no budget route.

F10 Brake

Surely better than stock. Anyway it's not much diff from the cost of stock pads and brake dust has gone down significantly. Rims used to turn "black" in 2-3 days with stock pads, now it takes about 1-2 weeks to achieve the same effect.

EBC pads will be a choice for u or a aftermarket BBK would be the best. No regrets aft change n you'll be lovin it and dyin to drive.....Depends on ur budget as well...

Changing of stock new rotors and pads would easily cost you 1k-1.2k w labour if i rem correctly....

seanskye;1055611 said:
Surely better than stock. Anyway it's not much diff from the cost of stock pads and brake dust has gone down significantly. Rims used to turn "black" in 2-3 days with stock pads, now it takes about 1-2 weeks to achieve the same effect.

So in terms of braking effect :
stock < green stuff < red stuff

Jason8822;1055628 said:
So in terms of braking effect :
stock < green stuff < red stuff

plus your right foot......

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Don't forget physic.

The more abrasive the pad, the faster the rotor liao.

If pad is abrasive & rotor sibei tokong, got braking sound loh.

Thanks all.... Yes, I did a search but unfortunately cant find the answers....

Since my rotors are worn out, thinking to change to BBK but budget is also a concern. Been searching for used one but regrettably mainly for other models not F10. On the contrary, changing to not so Atas ones may makes more sense if compared to changing rotors and brake pads alone cost more than 1k.

Anyway, thanks and guess will ask around workshops, and keep surfing for used one...

How about AP Racing, or US/Taiwan makes? Anyone on them and hows the FR?

Just curious how big are your wheels now? There is 1 used set that comes with 405mm rotors . Only clears 20inch or more

Last edited by a moderator:

380mm and below i think 19" can clear....

pReTeNd3r;1055787 said:
380mm and below i think 19" can clear....

depends on the rims and caliper too.........

* go for 405mm.........................
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

ac323;1055789 said:
depends on the rims and caliper too.........

* go for 405mm.........................
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

I agree with you but if he's on 19", how to go 405mm?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

405mm FTWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

pReTeNd3r;1055790 said:
I agree with you but if he's on 19", how to go 405mm?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

405mm FTWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

time for 20ins.................................ready for Christmas and CNY...

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i9bet41so

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back