F10 535i alternative on support

E46motorsport

guys,

i need to seek enlightenment on this. issit true that only PML, MA has the proper equipment to maintain and repair this car, OR Pro BMW workshop can do equivalent or Better?

my requirement is simple , just maintain and repair or replace wear and tear stuff , ECU update? if i'm right?

thanks!

Re: F10 535i alternative on support

most bmw workshop can support including repair and mods :D ... but i do heard that because n55 is very new and outside workshop said they do not have the 'software' to update the ecu because bmw ag do not release it to non AD workshop

if the problem can only be resolved by software or ecu update would be tricky. last heard from workshop they are finding lobang to get the software from overseas :D

Last edited by a moderator:

E46motorsport;724526 said:
MA quoted adoption for PI BMW cars @ S$20k/2yrs.. any comments guys?

May i ask it is 20k/2years meaning this adoption will entitle you to the 2 years factory warranty?

helbreath;724528 said:
May i ask it is 20k/2years meaning this adoption will entitle you to the 2 years factory warranty?

the verbal understanding is Yes. haven actually got the details.

if buying a highly spec up 535i with msport + sunroof + all tthe fancy features that makes pml vs pi price diff > $40k then buy from pi and then pay adoption fees (if really really necessary) later if shits happen - i would consider. i am pretty sure no one would buy pi 535i if the savings is < $30k as many bro will say not worth it

wt_know;724530 said:
if buying a highly spec up 535i with msport + sunroof + all tthe fancy features that makes pml vs pi price diff > $40k then buy from pi and then pay adoption fees (if really really necessary) later if shits happen - i would consider. i am pretty sure no one would buy pi 535i if the savings is < $20k-$30k as many bro will say not worth it

i have this current understanding situation.

Pi F10 M sports package , 210k w/out COE. 5 years warranty or 100k
with COE and MA adoption fee, probably the same price as PML.

PML F10 317k with COE before any discount or freebies.

based on that pricing and current coe, i will go with PML

Other than warranty, there are also other issues to consider. The PIs' choice of a small screen looks damn weird and cheapo on the F10. Many PI cars are also used as display units which are molested by many customers. For me, I will never buy a 2nd wife that is not a virgin. There are just too many unknowns when dealing with smaller players, even a price difference of $50K for a 535i is not worth it.

yeah ... must compare the specs and equipment.
price diff should be pml obscene margin and not pml big screen vs pi small screen
pml new car is not perfect too. many reported cases of scratches, marks ... and last heard got 1 door color is slightly off???

may i ask, if the ECU for F10 is not being constantly update? what would happened ? and wot kinda of sympton would appear?

For what it's worth, I bought a 535 from a PI recommended by a friend at J4C that is, spec for spec (OMV @ $78,636; COE @ $63,600), around $45K less than PML, after all discounts. With my '06 530 traded in at $20K over PML's best offer, you do the math on the final savings. Warranty covered by J4C, who btw, does and warrants all my mods too; frankly, I couldn't be happier.

That said, I understand why people would feel compelled to buy from PML; after a few cars from PML, this is my 1st from a PI. I've heard some horror PI stories and without my friend's personally vouching the deal, I wouldn't have touched a PI with a 10-foot pole. If peace of mind is > $ in the equation of your life, you can't go far wrong buying a BMW from PML. Otherwise, go do your research, shop around, don't take everything you hear in forums to be the gospel (me included) and may the force be with you finding a great PI deal. ;)

I went the PML way. I ended with BMW Asia with Letters of Demand and threatened legal action.

Between the devil and the deep blue sea....

i would do the same for what it's worth and paid $45K less :)
i'm a cheapo man thinking of selling car in < 5 years so $10K saving for each year suffice for my yearly vacation

efftee;724668 said:
For what it's worth, I bought a 535 from a PI recommended by a friend at J4C that is, spec for spec (OMV @ $78,636; COE @ $63,600), around $45K less than PML, after all discounts. With my '06 530 traded in at $20K over PML's best offer, you do the math on the final savings. Warranty covered by J4C, who btw, does and warrants all my mods too; frankly, I couldn't be happier.

That said, I understand why people would feel compelled to buy from PML; after a few cars from PML, this is my 1st from a PI. I've heard some horror PI stories and without my friend's personally vouching the deal, I wouldn't have touched a PI with a 10-foot pole. If peace of mind is > $ in the equation of your life, you can't go far wrong buying a BMW from PML. Otherwise, go do your research, shop around, don't take everything you hear in forums to be the gospel (me included) and may the force be with you finding a great PI deal. ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
79kingbetcom

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back