Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups

F10 520i Vibrate when stationery

Now I'm facing throttle lag. The car seems to lag about 1 to 1.5 secs when I accelerate to overtake or filter left during busy traffic. I find that it's quite dangerous. Anyone out there have the same issue?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Throttle lag/delay, tip-in delay is well known for the F10. Yes, it can be dangerous if it occurs at the wrong time. Too bad till now (end of F10) there's no real fix for this . The only thing that seems to work temporarily is doing the so called transmission adaptation reset (Google). But the lag will return after a while. The other way is to drive in sports mode or shift to sports mode when trying to filter/overtake.

Yeah, the F10 sucks for a bmw.

Now I'm facing throttle lag. The car seems to lag about 1 to 1.5 secs when I accelerate to overtake or filter left during busy traffic. I find that it's quite dangerous. Anyone out there have the same issue?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Typically vibration is due to worn-out engine mounts. Morning cold starts will vibrate like crazy, and drastically better after engine warmed up and soften the rubber. The car will also feel sluggish, especially when you accelerant from stationary. Changed my F10 mounts at less than $400, and immediately all symptoms gone and the car goes back to its original smoothness and power. The workshop said the mounts are BMW originals and no OEM mounts are available. Not so sure about that though.

Hi CST124, where did you change your engine mounting? Does the $400 include labour too?

Will Throttle Response devices reduce the throttle lag that F10 faces? Just curious

I aahve the same issue on my 528 , may i know how much does PML charge on the engine mount replacement?
Engine mounting for E60 520i is S$125 + GST a piece at ES, original, no OEM.

Labour is the killer as they need to hoist the engine up. Normally just change with Gearbox mounting because close by (@$20/pc, OEM).

Do it at PML, let us know the cost, so we can know what is their 'overheads'

Typically vibration is due to worn-out engine mounts. Morning cold starts will vibrate like crazy, and drastically better after engine warmed up and soften the rubber. The car will also feel sluggish, especially when you accelerant from stationary. Changed my F10 mounts at less than $400, and immediately all symptoms gone and the car goes back to its original smoothness and power. The workshop said the mounts are BMW originals and no OEM mounts are available. Not so sure about that though.

I own a 528i F10 and just started experiencing the symptoms you are describing! ie. sluggish acceleration, Engine vibrations. 46k+ km on the odometer. Where did you get your engine mount replaced?

I send the car to PML for them to replace under warranty. Mileage at that time was 52k, if I recalled it correctly

I own a 528i F10 and just started experiencing the symptoms you are describing! ie. sluggish acceleration, Engine vibrations. 46k+ km on the odometer. Where did you get your engine mount replaced?
Just an update. The problems went away completely with the change of engine mounts. Apparently, this is covered by the PML warranty but my 3 years just expired so I went to a 3rd party workshop. The mechanic also changed the gearbox mount but not sure what that does.

Just an update. The problems went away completely with the change of engine mounts. Apparently, this is covered by the PML warranty but my 3 years just expired so I went to a 3rd party workshop. The mechanic also changed the gearbox mount but not sure what that does.
GB mount is inside. If you find that to be replaced later, you need to move Engine out. So better to change all together, which your workshop did right in first place.

Hi all, I just got quote by my workshop for replacement of engine and gearbox mount at $1k is it too ex? As I saw Bro's here mentioned he got his replaced at only $400..

Sorry, mine is a 528i

could it be the frequent start stop that caused the premature wear? I have not change the engine and Gb mount till the day that I hand over my ex f10 because 523 doesn't have this function.

Sometimes you don't even realise that the car is vibrating...you gradually get used to it. I didn't feel anything...then workshop told me my mounting is worn out. After change I could immediately feel much smoother.

Hi all, I just got quote by my workshop for replacement of engine and gearbox mount at $1k is it too ex? As I saw Bro's here mentioned he got his replaced at only $400..

Sorry, mine is a 528i
Way too expensive. I got mine changed both Engine and GB mount include labour $600 plus

Hi all, it is true that the engine mounts cannot last that long. I replaced mine at 40k km. I believe to prolong the life of your engine mounts will be to disengage the engine start stop at stationary. There is a lot of stress on the engine mounts once the engine starts. You tend to feel a slight vibration when the engine starts up again at the lights.

Back