Esso vs Caltex vs Shell vs SPC

detach8

Folks, I found my ride smoother with Caltex and Esso. Shell was noisy. Haven't had the chance to try SPC (not many stations here)

Just wondering what most bros here feel?

FC not conclusive as the diving and traffic patterns from tank to tank varies by quite a bit.

Re: Esso vs Caltex vs Shell vs SPC

I personally prefer Caltex Platinum. Gives good mileage with the same performance as V-Power. V-Power is a guzzler!

i do caltex platinum or vpower...whichever i see first..haha..tried exxon mobil 8000 also not too bad..

I'm into Caltex Platinum, never use others though.

I felt V Power is like steriod but noisy. Seem engine not meant for that power so overstress and so noisy.

Caltex Platinum and nothing else! Vpower doesn't seem that great and it is the most expensive petrol in the market.

I support singapore. I pump SPC 98.

maybe I'm very insensitive, cos no matter what brand I pump, Shell, Caltex, SPC....their 98 octane petrol seems the same to me. :shakehea:
somemore after i install powerbox, my car more fuel hungry by a bit....:oooops:

totoseow;571579 said:
i use knife

that is my fav brand too!
I inspire to work hard/smart and make more money to buy Lambo.
cos Lambo can run on Knife brand oil! Swee!!

dash;571581 said:
I support singapore. I pump SPC 98.

maybe I'm very insensitive, cos no matter what brand I pump, Shell, Caltex, SPC....their 98 octane petrol seems the same to me. :shakehea:
somemore after i install powerbox, my car more fuel hungry by a bit....:oooops:
SPC supplies BHP petrol in Johore as well...

wow BHP in jb is supplied by SPC?

for v power last time when i had it in my 13 yr old COE nissan car it was really bad, the engine would stall randomly. on shell 95/98 it would be better, but on esso it would run just fine. it was really obvious.

on my e90 cant feel much other than the noise when using shell. i want to switch to caltex, but caltex has very little pumps around the area. usually i see shell or esso.

seems like i'm going to stick to esso 8000...

benji ben;571619 said:
wow BHP in jb is supplied by SPC?

yea...BP used to have a stake in SRC...they sold it but since then the arrangement still stays...

Caltex Platinum 98 for me, ensures smooth revving of the BMW inline-6...V-Power seems to sound rough.

Ever since UOB Credit Card pissed me off, I ve stopped using their card at Shell and have in fact cut their card into 7 pieces and mailed it back to them in a bag along with a pig head.

Since have moved to Esso.

Caltex Platinum 98 for me. Cheaper.

Noise wise - don't hear a difference between Caltex and V-Power.........my old car is noisy all the time anyway.

Ahbengdriver;571825 said:
Ever since UOB Credit Card pissed me off, I ve stopped using their card at Shell and have in fact cut their card into 7 pieces and mailed it back to them in a bag along with a pig head.

Since have moved to Esso.

Your character truly fits your nick. :lol:

I just got on Shell 95 and FC seems worse (dropped to 8.9km/l, usual is 9.5km/l) due to increased revving. Think BMW engines are happy with 98.

detach8;572682 said:
I just got on Shell 95 and FC seems worse (dropped to 8.9km/l, usual is 9.5km/l) due to increased revving. Think BMW engines are happy with 98.

Same experience with 95...98 gives me better mileage.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vin7773me

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back