Engine Bay : Battery Terminal Points to Jump Start F10

Mransellee

Guys.... need help. Assuming I need to jump start my F10, where is the positive and negative terminals in the engine bay?

I know there are points tapped from the battery in the trunk.

a10db8677cf168a0914faf76b77de5c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fa6aeab358e4578d1847560eb88e9844.jpg

I see the +VE red terminal clearly marked.

But where is the -VE? Dun tell me clip anywhere.... anywhere is where? Body? Engine part? Cannot me plastic part ma....

Can someone gimme a pic with an arrow to clearly mark where to tap the -VE terminal point?

So just clip onto any black body paint job spot?

Or that silver metal piece? I see a lot of plastic parts and the the engine itself... not really sure where to "kiap"

By the way... anyone jump start before with those portable power banks?

Yeah. You will not be able to use those power banks. The I drive will prompt u when your battery is going bad. By the time, it's better to have it replaced. U can also check via diagnosis on the battery charge level. It should be 90% and above after overnight.

Thanks for the reply...

1) Why cannot use the power banks? If really battery dead can just use to start the engine right? If can jump start then no need tow or pay for expensive road side service.

2) I'm interested to know how to check diagnosis on. Battery charge to what level overnight... how do I check?

Please advice. Thanks!

Not cannot use. What I meant is when the battery is weak, there will be symptoms and warning messages. By then u should have the battery replaced asap. And I don't really feel safe keeping a lithium battery bank inside the car. Especially if it's gonna be parked under the hot sun.

Most workshops can check the battery charge level.

Red cover is positive, any where else without paint is use as the negative(black)

May be this will help you, watch the 2min part of the video, the rest is boring...

Alternatively, open up your car manual, there is usually a picture showing where are the positive and negative points..

Hope this helps...

Very very helpful! Looks like I need to go and find my "BMW provided -VE terminal"... later I go and search for it.

Later I use a multimeter to "test" which will give me a 12v delta between 2 points....

These 2 points can't be too far apart else my power bank crocodile clips can't reach.

So, is there anyone out there that thinks I can't jump start a BMW? Looks like I can right?

Mechanics trying to freak me out to use their tow service?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reviewtopasia

Latest posts

Back