Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups

Email Notification- Software Update (UPD1006)

48X

I just updated the software update to version UPD1006.
Link: BMW Bluetooth-Schnittstelle : Fahrzeugauswahl

I had expected that the iphone integration (iphone 4 with ios 6.1) for email notification would work with this update. But, it didn't work though SMS notification is working.

I am wondering if anyone has any luck/method to get the email notification to work?

Re: Email Notification- Software Update (UPD1006)

I did some research on the internet and manage to get the email notification to work.
If your iphone have a jailbreak you can use BTNotificationEnabler from Cydia.

Thanks for your help this morning. Kamsia lu.

48X;963646 said:
I did some research on the internet and manage to get the email notification to work.
If your iphone have a jailbreak you can use BTNotificationEnabler from Cydia.

Not sure if u have tried after pairing bluetooth and turn on & off your notification centre on email. This may work without jailbreak. This process whenever u start your car.

Change to iPhone 5?

same, using iPhone 5 here. only sms notifications. no emails notifications.

IDrive software upgrade?

Email and whatsapp work. After car start-up and pairing bluetooth, you then turn off notification the email and whatsapp; then turn on notificati

Eagle67;974157 said:
Email and whatsapp work. After car start-up and pairing bluetooth, you then turn off notification the email and whatsapp; then turn on notificati

Sorry you mean we need to do this each and everytime we step into the car? =) or just once?

SMS worked since ios6, but only for those that came in while the car is running. On my note 2, sms that came in before the car was running will also be displayed.

Despite my attempts at enabling every notification etc, email still doesn't work.

Slow_poke_driver;974336 said:
SMS worked since ios6, but only for those that came in while the car is running. On my note 2, sms that came in before the car was running will also be displayed.

Despite my attempts at enabling every notification etc, email still doesn't work.

Eh.... note2 works??

Meek;974397 said:
Eh.... note2 works??

I still can't get e mail to show up on idrive with the note 2.

But sms on the note 2 will show up on idrive even if the sms came in before the phone was connected to the car. On iphone, only sms that came in while phone is connected to the car will show up.

vegadonovan;974302 said:
Sorry you mean we need to do this each and everytime we step into the car? =) or just once?

Every time u step into the car, u have the same step except sms.

Slow_poke_driver;974422 said:
I still can't get e mail to show up on idrive with the note 2.

But sms on the note 2 will show up on idrive even if the sms came in before the phone was connected to the car. On iphone, only sms that came in while phone is connected to the car will show up.

SPD,

trying checking the compatibility...
this is for the x1. dun kill ourselves.... hehe.

View attachment 49015

heres the link:
http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/na...tibility_check_tool.jsp?region=ROW&country=XQ

Last edited by a moderator:

i proceeded to key in my vin and checked against both my phones and seems that the note2 works better than the ip5? fluke?
hehe.

I think the list is not very accurate, coz the list says cannot sms from iphone but we know sms 100% works.

Btw...if you want to buy phone w/o contract, forum got 1 bro can help.

Office menu is not inside my iDrive menu after update. Any remedy?

Back