ECU upgrade

Re: ECU upgrade by DMS

What happens if u bring yr reprogrammed car to PML and they update yr software, which they sometimes do? Will they wipe out the new program as well?

did mine with Rob as well, cost me $2500 but mine is auto, did not put car on dyno yet but went to PG to have a friendly race with my mate 350Z (full HKS parts - V-pro and tuned by Garage R), his was dyno at 320hp at the engine but his car is about 110kg heavier than my Z4, went about 5 rounds and it was neck to neck, basing on that my car should be around 270hp which is about wat Rob told me my car should be with all my mods.

So it seems that this DMS really works and though more expensive ( $2500 ), appears to give higher gains compared to the 'usual' electronic tuners like HIOP and Superchips ( between $800 to $900 ) whereby a gain of 10% would be the norm. So the saying that one 'gets what one pays for' is true.
Wonder what's their secret that the usual tuners ( HIOP, Superchips ) can't emulate.

ECU tuning - DMS vs the others

DMS claims 24bhp (on a baseline of 231bhp) and 10ft/lbs (baseline 221ft/lbs) improvements on the old M54 3.0l. This is on a completely stock e46 or e60. This equates to a roughly 10% improvement in hp and 5% improvement in torque.
This is very similar to what OBIT, Powerchips, Superchips, H&S Electronics, et al claim for their remaps. Whether these claims are borne out by before and after dyno runs is yet to be answered in this forum and other forums that I have searched. Butt-dynos are all well and good, but prone to the self fulfilling prophecy effect - ie I have paid for it so it must be good.
Anyone with more experience than me care to comment?

Re: ECU tuning - DMS vs the others

DMS chipped cars have performed very well on controlled drags with other same-make cars chipped with other brand chips. Tests were done by a local racer (with driver swap on 2nd run) and there were many converts into believers. Its initial foray into the singapore market was through the ferrari and maserati gang. now his other regulars include porsche and the eurosport cars like alfa and perhaps lambo. BMW recently. even m'sia's ex PM's son's cars are tuned by him.

Racebred said:
DMS chipped cars have performed very well on controlled drags with other same-make cars chipped with other brand chips. Tests were done by a local racer (with driver swap on 2nd run) and there were many converts into believers. Its initial foray into the singapore market was through the ferrari and maserati gang. now his other regulars include porsche and the eurosport cars like alfa and perhaps lambo. BMW recently. even m'sia's ex PM's son's cars are tuned by him.

Bro, my friend is very eager to do the tunning for his Alfa GTA after he tested Melvin GTA.......... :drool:
He claimed hell lots of difference...........one more convert. :)

Cheers!

Hi Guys,

Heard that DMS Rob Young is coming down next week. Book myself to mod my E55.

ECU tuning - DMS vs the others

Joopy said:
Hi Guys,

Heard that DMS Rob Young is coming down next week. Book myself to mod my E55.

Not anymore. Rob's plans have changed somewhat. Don't ask me how I know.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toron1to

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back