E90 320i pre facelift Angel Eyes lamp

Re: E90 320i pre facelift Angel Eyes lamp

I also did mine there and yes! its chio. The mcwell guy there shared that the E90 model will be next on their list to be sent to LTA for approval (due to its strong sales), don't know how true is it. Went through the forum tread and feedback from bros who installed aftermarket angle eyes headlamp (with halogen bulb, not HID) , all had passed their LTA inspection. Anyone would like to share?

Well, I did mine at Boss ..Very chio indeed .. :D Apparently from what you all had said, price should be

Below pic is a LCI with 6000k white led...

B6.jpg

Im using the McWell headlamps also.

Doesn't really look OEM to me. Put another original one next to mine and i can immediately spot the difference and the OEM one, especially during the day.

LTA wise shouldnt have an issue because they use back your original headlamp bulb. The headlamp assembly only provide another "ring" which lights up. Personally feel that the ring is not bright enough and cannot change brightness or color.

Lastly, lighting. I feel that the illumination capability of the headlamp is CMI. Basically i dont feel that the road in front of me is illuminated at all. May be because of my halogen bulb which they use back.

For the price i think its a cool cosmetic mod. But if you go Malaysia often where illumination is important, i think the original one better.

Usually projector lamp is not as bright as the reflector type unless you install HID. This is because the beam is more focused.

Shaun Lau;656860 said:
Im using the McWell headlamps also.

Doesn't really look OEM to me. Put another original one next to mine and i can immediately spot the difference and the OEM one, especially during the day.

LTA wise shouldnt have an issue because they use back your original headlamp bulb. The headlamp assembly only provide another "ring" which lights up. Personally feel that the ring is not bright enough and cannot change brightness or color.

Lastly, lighting. I feel that the illumination capability of the headlamp is CMI. Basically i dont feel that the road in front of me is illuminated at all. May be because of my halogen bulb which they use back.

For the price i think its a cool cosmetic mod. But if you go Malaysia often where illumination is important, i think the original one better.

Have to agree that the illumination is not that bright.. however in brightly lit street of Singapore, it shld not pose too much of a problem..

Chio is good enuf for me !!

sotongking;655426 said:
Any problem with the sensor after installation?

So far no problem... :)

heeheehaahaa79;656505 said:
Dear Bros,

I had mine retrofitted at mcwells... Its actually quite chio as I had changed the bulbs to white light.
Spent < 700. They even provide 6 mths warranty for it.

Can go for it as a cheaper option compared to stock. No worries abt the signal as they will sort that as well

Only draw back is that it is not LTA approved so will have to try my luck when I go for inspection.

Meanwhile, no regrets !! :)

Can take a picture and show us? i interested also le

Advan;656733 said:
Below pic is a LCI with 6000k white led...

B6.jpg

Hi, is your headlamp model different from the hahaheehee79? Does your model have the eye lid as well? i actually preferred one without that..

heeheehaahaa79;656505 said:
Dear Bros,

I had mine retrofitted at mcwells... Its actually quite chio as I had changed the bulbs to white light.
Spent < 700. They even provide 6 mths warranty for it.

Can go for it as a cheaper option compared to stock. No worries abt the signal as they will sort that as well

Only draw back is that it is not LTA approved so will have to try my luck when I go for inspection.

Meanwhile, no regrets !! :)

I don't mind to go for it... the only concern for me is the inspection...
Retofitted meaning they change the parts on the stock headlamp or replace the whole headlamp.. sorry I'm newbie

Yeah ..Mine also comes with the eyelid. Took 3 hours to do it .. I think with or without the eyelid depends on individual preference. :)

Jarren;657119 said:
So all in all is $700??

I was quoted a higher rate at Boss ...my fault didn't check first. Rest of the members said they did at Mcwell for about 700.

Thanks bro.. find one day I will go down to McWell

sotongking;657122 said:
I was quoted a higher rate at Boss ...my fault didn't check first. Rest of the members said they did at Mcwell for about 700.

I think boss is selling the depo p90 projector headlight which looks exactly like the original, unlike the mcwell version which looks very Taiwanese IMHO. The depo p90 is quite popular in the US, google it and you will find quite a number of online stores selling them.

If you have installed depo headlights at boss then I think you were not shortchanged. Pardon me for being candid, but I would not spend the $700 at mcwell for those Taiwanese looking headlights that make the car look "cheap"! :p I would rather spend a little more to achieve the oem look.

So many photos posted, may I know which ones are from mcwell and which from boss? Btw I don't recall paying 700 for the lamp. Should be much lower than that. Maybe due to demand price increase? Or maybe I remember wrongly

Shaun Lau;670301 said:
So many photos posted, may I know which ones are from mcwell and which from boss? Btw I don't recall paying 700 for the lamp. Should be much lower than that. Maybe due to demand price increase? Or maybe I remember wrongly

McWell's headlight for E90 is around $420++ before installation.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
betonstein1

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back