E60 PreLCI - Just got my ride and need some help...

Nicekopi

Dear brothers,

Thank you for taking a look at this thread and really appreciate the help and advises as I just got this ride not long.
I have some queries with this car and hope that kind souls could share your experience with me.

1. My hand brake lever needs to be pulled very high despite those 3rd party workshop did something to my rear wheel. Is it normal for 523 to always pull so high and hard? Cos the mechanic told me bmw like that one....
2. My CD magazine is stuck. I heard some comments saying that a ruler can do the job. however I failed. Anyone tried before? Must the cd changer be unscrewed and take out everything in order to get the stuck disc out?

All your help and advises very much appreciated. Many thanks in advance....

cheers...

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: E60 PreLCI - Just got my ride and need some help...

Nicekopi;904862 said:
Dear brothers,

Thank you for taking a look at this thread and really appreciate the help and advises as I just got this ride not long.
I have some queries with this car and hope that kind souls could share your experience with me.

1. My hand brake lever needs to be pulled very high despite those 3rd party workshop did something to my rear wheel. Is it normal for 523 to always pull so high and hard? Cos the mechanic told me bmw like that one....
2. My CD magazine is stuck. I heard some comments saying that a ruler can do the job. however I failed. Anyone tried before? Must the cd changer be unscrewed and take out everything in order to get the stuck disc out?

cheers...

Gratz on your ride..

Have you check/change your Rear break pads? cos i nv really nid to pull up tat high, unless your rear pads are going to worn out.

user8000;904885 said:
Gratz on your ride..

Have you check/change your Rear break pads? cos i nv really nid to pull up tat high, unless your rear pads are going to worn out.

Handbrake don't use brake pads.

It's called Brake Shoes......

RealOEM.com BMW E60 523i PARKING BRAKE/BRAKE SHOES

Heard from site sponsor workshop that 3 clicks is a norm when u pull the handbrake.

As for the CD magazine. Since you just bought the car, u should go back to the dealer to do it for u.

Hi

borrow your track to consult the shifus here, I bought a E60 too but it has front parking light faulty error for both sides and the Angel eyes are not working. I asked the car dealer but they have no idea whats the problem at all. I have turned on the day running light in the idrive menu as well.

pklow;911936 said:
Hi

borrow your track to consult the shifus here, I bought a E60 too but it has front parking light faulty error for both sides and the Angel eyes are not working. I asked the car dealer but they have no idea whats the problem at all. I have turned on the day running light in the idrive menu as well.

Try to go workshop for your servicing and ask them to check your angel eyes. maybe bulbs burnt out.

2 possibilies:

1) both AE bulbs burnt out
2) if aftermarket AE, probably resistors died or LED burnt
3) wiring insulation flaked out, resulting in short circuit which can cause intermittent non-working of AE or totally fry it

pklow;911936 said:
Hi

u probably need those thin tweezers or pliers to grab the disc out

Nicekopi;904862 said:
Dear brothers,

cheers...

sszone;911979 said:
u probably need those thin tweezers or pliers to grab the disc out

Thanks for the advise bros. but its the magazine..not the front loader disc.
I think I will want to learn how to take out myself if next time still stuck i can rather do it by myself....

cheers

Happy Birthday Bro

Attachments

• D637B1B5-2959-494E-8642-793DF5B20C1C.jpeg
    D637B1B5-2959-494E-8642-793DF5B20C1C.jpeg
    598.9 KB · Views: 69

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member