E46 Facelifted Projector Headlights

ryan

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
richlee7 said:
Hi all. Just wondering if there is such thing as a headlight set for projector lamps (just like in the e36s), but not the HID ones... reason: hopefully lower cost, and also want to save on the ballast weight and consumption of the hids...

Appreciate any feedback. thanks in advance.
Don't really get you in terms of saving ballast weight and consumption of the HIDS.

What kind of weight savings can you get out of ballasts? Consumption?

So you want the projector lenses but NO xenons/hids with it?

Don't think there's such a product...you're gonna concentrate the beam of your halogens ..but since the intensity is weak...god knows how the light will look like. Sorry, haven't seen such a thing before.

hi. thanks. didn think there's such stuf, but just pushing my luck... anyway, the e36s are all halogens with projectors... just that of coz they're nothing close to the hids in perf.... but aesthetically better.

richlee7 said:
hi. thanks. didn think there's such stuf, but just pushing my luck... anyway, the e36s are all halogens with projectors... just that of coz they're nothing close to the hids in perf.... but aesthetically better.
Hi richlee7,

Wow really? I have never noticed that before, next time must take a closer look at some e36s....gees. learn something new everyday.

Hey, no offense taken at my words ok? I really have never seen projectors in E36s.

Come to think of it, all the E39 facelifted 5 series all run projector lenses with halogens!!

hi! not at all, like u said we learn someth new everyday! :)
in fact glad that at least i got one reply...
cheers!

Why not contact M3motorwerks or umnitza to see if they have the item you're looking for?

Re: E46 Facelifted Projector Headlights

richlee7 said:
Hi all. Just wondering if there is such thing as a headlight set for projector lamps (just like in the e36s), but not the HID ones... reason: hopefully lower cost, and also want to save on the ballast weight and consumption of the hids...

Appreciate any feedback. thanks in advance.

The projector will not fit the normal mounting of the normal halogen.....

Tried and tested liao.... :verysad:

Thanks for the info... looks like gotta save up for the real McCoy... any idea how much, and can diy? if not who/how much they charge?

richlee7 said:
Thanks for the info... looks like gotta save up for the real McCoy... any idea how much, and can diy? if not who/how much they charge?

The Xenon for FL should be around 2.2k thereabout...

Plug and play for installation. Just need to do coding else the lights will look exactly like the Safety Car for F1, strobing instead of lighting up... !

Is 2.2K the price for new or used unit?

2.2K should be for new units, you can save slightly by getting the housing, and using 3rd party bulbs/ballast.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hb888wiki

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back