CSC3 - Any feedback?

Re: CSC3 - Any feedback?

Well, I guess the Lexus may be the best test for quiet tires since the car makes little noise. Just that CSC2 seems to get hammered a bit; I was considering it for my other ride IS250, which presently has Mich PP2's. I like the PP2's performance!

PP2s...i forgot about them. I am sure they are good tyres too. Grip should on par with the CSC2s and quiet too. I had Pilot Precedas 1 on my Honda Stream previously. I liked them a lot too. Good grip. Noise got louder at 20k plus km but I like the feel of them. You should be happy with them on your IS250.

Btw, I heard the IS-F is going to be launched at the Tokyo Motor Show 2mrow. 5 litre V8 !

IS-F....Intriquing! Wonder how much it would cost compared to M3? Recently did some very high speed B roads, PP2's were good. Wet roads not bad at all, surprised at drainage ability considering treads....guess its the compound. But I am halfway through these already hence the enquiry.

IMO, I doubt if CSC3 would have better grip than your PP2s. I noticed that my PP1 also tend to wear out pretty fast. Good grip must be at the expense of fast wear. When do you think a new GS model would be out? Wife and me love our present GS, so much so I am thinking of getting another one to replace my limited usage SL500, but kind of crazy to have 2 similar cars in the family

It won't be long before freshened GS comes here. Its just been annouced in Europe. My take would be to swap the GS for the newer one when it arrives. Keep the SL........TW which of your cars most trouble free?

Freshen GS? Mild facelift or full change new model? The Lexus has been completely trouble free. Zero faults. Bought the car for my other half to drive and I also grew to enjoy it immensely too. More like a luxor mid size barge. Engine is powerful and smooth as silk. IS sportier in feel though.

kenntona;253503 said:
I have used CSC2 on my previous ride, and it sucks.

Currently I am using CSC3 on my ride. To be honest, I was going for PS2, but at that point in time, there was no stock for my wheel profiles. I am running 235/35R19 and 275/30R19 - pretty similar to your specs. Your pricing sounds reasonable.

Noise level - much lower than CSC2, for sure.

Performance - some say comparable to PS2, I could not tell since I was never on PS2 before. But the grip is phenom, I have to say. Water thread is good so far, although I have barely clocked 2,500 km on my car......

Perhaps fellow forumer TripleM could help better......

My two cents.
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

:angry:
I used to have CSC2 on my E60.

4 months back I switched to PS-2 by Michelin. I simply asked the tire shop which was the grippiest and got a good deal for 4 tires.

My wife hates it. It became weary driving to JB. The ride is too firm and slightly noisier than the old CSC2 (continental).

The grip is slightly better than the old CSC2 but I think the comfort has been affected. I took the car to BMW and they said there was nothing wrong with my suspension as it is still in excellent cond. The fingers pointed at the PS2.

I don know first hand abt CSC3 but US Tirerack test report/ graph shows that CSC3 achieved slightly better grip than the old CSC2 at the expense of slightly more humming noise.

Maybe PS2 is great for those driving fast or for some insecure individuals???

Now we are looking to change tires !

p/s
Car & Driver Magazine Tire Test showed CSC2 to be superior to PS2, Bridgestone 050 and many Korean and Japanese tire brand models.
Go to their website to learn more.

p/s
Michelin PP2 or Pilot Preceda are lower in performance to ultra low profiles like PS2, CSC2 and CSC3. In fact PP2 is quite mediocre and very ordinary now to the competition. See EVO Aust forum and Wheels magazine for reports.

How much is a set of 4 CSC3?

I recently changed my rims (M6 duplicates) and CSC2 235/40 for $3300. Is it reasonable?

Comments, anyone?

kenntona;253503 said:
Water thread is good so far, although I have barely clocked 2,500 km on my car......
My two cents.

What have you been doing everyday? Take MRT? kekeke

I ve clocked 2569km, win you by 69 km:lol2:

everyone say that ps2 number one.so i buy ps2.i think its quite good after using it.a bit noisy maybe but cornering number one.it seems that the tire can self adjust when you losing traction in fast cornering.

I came across the parts catalog for BMW wheel+tyre combo.

If you select 18's + W rated tyre you get - RE050A RFTs
If you select 18's + Y rated tyre you get - PS2 ZP RFTs
I believe the 17' CSC2 SSR RFT is V Rated and is commonly shod on the 320i SE's we get here with 17's wheel option.

Speed rating Y>W>V. CSC3 on the other hand, comes shod with the likes of the E60 M5, so no issues with speed rating/performance match for the car hehe.

Sunrise's website tells the whole story - - tests done by professionals.

Any idea on Price comparison for the 4 diff make?

IMHO...

Outright performance, PS2 will win hands down...

Currently on CSC3... you get the performance for the price you pay...

Good and light tyres all round.. in the dry, round the bends, in the rain too...

NSH and B roads tested. Travelling speed was between 1kmh to 200+kmh... no problems encountered (Both dry and wet weather)

Hope this helps

CSC3 best la.

mai tu liao.

Hi ! Andy.

Can you review SportMaxx and CSC3?

Since you have tried both of them :)

BMWSILVER;307235 said:
Hi ! Andy.

Can you review SportMaxx and CSC3?

Since you have tried both of them :)

The SportMaxx were indeed value for money... overall performance in terms of dry and wet handling were impressive. Steering Feedback was excellent. The only gripe i have for it was the fact that it gets noisier as the miles piled on (approx 12000 km onwards). I also understand that subsequent batches of Sportmaxxes had hairline cracks developing in the sidewalls. (this remains to be confirmed and I must add that I have not encountered this issue personally)

As for CSC3, please refer to my posting earlier... steering feedback is a little muted compared to the Sportmaxx.

Hope this helps.

Hi ! Andy.

I will change to CSC3 next time :)

Bro.. dont think you will regret it. I know ChickenBackSide loves his CSC3.

CHEERS

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taya365blog

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back