Could this be the next M3?

Looks fierce huh...esp the front corner lips.
Heard that the 400hp engine is ex E39 M5's..
Will see..I still very much doubt the photo above..
Overall, like it...

Man...She's a beauty!!! Sure wish it's really going to be the next M3. Can't wait to see one on the road or at the meetup if it is!

Very very nice!!! I like!!! now... where can I trade in my current car to order this new one!!! hahaha!!!

Jack, I don't think that the next gen M3 will run the e39 engine... more likely it will be something towards a 4.0l high revving V8. E39 engine too heavy for M3 already...

E39M5 is 4ltr V-8 so that cud be the engine to be used (maybe with some tweak here and there)
As for weight, yeah that is the concern..but let's see if the next gen will have lighter material built in the body....I am so looking fwd to seeing the real thing liao...

Recently saw in M3 forum some CSL look alike rims but wider and stronger, it's called RG-4....not bad leh,also quiet light.

Jack, I believe the e39M5 is 5ltr liao lah.

The rumor is that the next gen V8 for the M3 is a totally new engine and will weight about the same as the current S54 engine, with space age light weight parts!!

Right..right
5ltr 400hp....got mixed up :screwedu: :silenced:

TripleM said:
Right..right
5ltr 400hp....got mixed up :screwedu: :silenced:

4 litre... 400+ hp... but new M3 should be a blast... wonder if the handling will be any better though... hope that it will be super light weight... e46 now a bit portly already...

Perhaps there will be a 4 door M3 and a 2 door M4 as they intend to name 2 door cars with even numbers.

they were thinking of that. even numbers for 2, maybe 3 doors, and odd numbers for 4 & 5 doors.

but then they stopped halfway when they realised that the m3 name has already established itself and that it has value. so perhaps the new m3 replacement will still be called the m3. i dunno what the 4 door m3, if any, will be called, if they intend to reserve the m3 name for the coupe like now.

Tanzy said:
Racebred,

Maybe BMW M3 Viertüren Entwicklung? ;)

What does that mean??

M3 will still be the 2 door coupe. Howver, I don't think that they have resolved what to call the 4 door M sedan quite yet... this thing could potentially be a marketing nightmare for BMW...

hahaha!!! the germans will probably mangle it and call it some german name no ones knows how to pronounce...

MRacer77 said:
hahaha!!! the germans will probably mangle it and call it some german name no ones knows how to pronounce...

Viertüren Entwicklung (German) = Quattroporte Evoluzione (Italian)

Tanzy said:
MRacer77 said:

Viertüren Entwicklung (German) = Quattroporte Evoluzione (Italian)

See what I mean??? at least in Italian I can still make it out somewhat... and it sounds rather sexy... but in German... sigh... sounds like you are having constipation...

MRacer77,
At least it sounds more intimidating. Think Arnold Schwarzeneggar when you say it.

But Arnold is austrian and I believe that cars should be so hard to pronouce that you need a dictionary to do it.. .thats why I like simple names like M3 or M5 or S7... well you get the picture...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n666

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back