Checking OMV for F10 5 Series

Re: Checking OMV for F10 5 Series

a. sg market is too small
b. government intervention

hence, businesses here are either monopoly or oligopoly and we have to live with it

BC2710;548567 said:
The problem is, major consumer businesses are monopolised in SG. They do whatever they want and get away with it. And the worse thing is, people still buy! There would be a riot if this happened elsewhere.

Are Singaporeans just lifeless sheep? Or just too plain rich?

yes spore too small...but that doesnt mean we as consumers shld take it lying if suppliers or retailers increase their prices unjustifibly...

look at Singtel and Starhub case of Wcup prices....i got no choice but to pay for it if i wana watch the cup which comes only once every 4 yrs...im heartened to see more than 100 ppl turned up at Speakers Corners to rally the nonsensical pricing of the Wcup...

Spore consumers must realise our rights against big boys! Our consumer association must grow stronger.

agreed. said is easier than done.
look at internet broadband charges. it's damn expensive.
is there really competition between singtel vs starhub or merely setting the market rates which they feel "reasonable"

Niva;548615 said:
yes spore too small...but that doesnt mean we as consumers shld take it lying if suppliers or retailers increase their prices unjustifibly...

look at Singtel and Starhub case of Wcup prices....i got no choice but to pay for it if i wana watch the cup which comes only once every 4 yrs...im heartened to see more than 100 ppl turned up at Speakers Corners to rally the nonsensical pricing of the Wcup...

Spore consumers must realise our rights against big boys! Our consumer association must grow stronger.

IMHO when u pay say, $220k for an F10 now, $190k is for the car and $30k is for the JOY of being the FIRST FEW IN SPORE to drive it. Please note that I am not saying this is a bad thing. It is willing buyer willing seller.

Not happy with the OMV?, the AUdi, Merc and Lexus showrooms are all within walking distance away. Vote with your feet. Just my 2 cents..

Last edited by a moderator:

When PML start selling the F10 they didnt know Euro will crash at this rate...now if they drop the price...the earlier adopter will feel cheated and in any case its the best chance for them to maximize their profit....they will eventually need to drop the price if other European marques start adjusting their price...

agreed..euro slump was pretty sudden fast and furious...no way they can foresee this coming...profits made...fair enough i feel....

Now if they lower the price knowing that euro has slumped...why not? early adopters always pay a premium anyway...not trying to stoke the anger of the early adopters but its true...more than often you pay higher cos you want it more and earlier...usually companied with minor technical blips which will be resolved when u send it for service...so u know..tts how it works like that...rem GTR oso got issues when it was first introduced....same with other manufacturers...not wanting to lower cos of early buyers are plain excuses..rubbish...mite as well say increase price to make them happier...rubbish lame excuses IMHO

my point is you got to reflect the market sentiments regardless of what happened earlier...buyers should understand that...if not, pml may want to offer kick-backs to those early adopters? in any case, they will suffer if they maintain at their current prices...it will make second batch of buyers look like idiots..esp everyone knows...euro slump is here to stay...adjust their prices according to market conditions....they may even see higher sales vol to compensate for their 'discount'...the car sells by itself anyway...not at their current sky high prices tho..my view

Just got 1 comment:
Remember who invented the OMV? That's the real profiteer/winner.
Want to have fair prices? Then change system based on selling price....

what to do? buy what you like. When you like, you will overcome overprice. Else, you will not even buy it.

it's not even considered as a 'discount'.

If they lower their prices, they earn the same profit margin as before.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s666boston

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back