:: Change Of Rear Bumper ::

quiksilver

Core Group Members
firstly, u must let us know wat model is ur car. is it a 7 series? :screwedu:

u can post a WTB (Want To Buy) post in the bazaar folder or checkout any of the spray paint shops from our resource page. :)
:thumbsup:
Good Luck and it definitely dont cost $1.4K unless there is some damage to other parts of ur car which u did not mention here! :errr:

Dude

Sorry to hear about your mishap.

Going to PML is convenient as they will order the part for you and then arrange the spray painting (which I heard they sub-contract out anyway) but it will usually cost more than going outside.

Alternatively, you can source for the part and arrange for the spraypainting yourself. Give the folks at Franfurt Auto or Eng Soon for a qoute on the rear bumper. For spraypainting, call up Sim Wee Chuan, Hong Rong, Yew Lip, and ADSM for a qoute. Eng Soon and Frankfurt Auto can deliver the bumper to the spray painter and so it's really no hassle to you at all. In fact, you can have the bumper delivered to the spray painter ahead and then you can just drive there to instal after it has been spraypainted.

The tel numbers of these places can be found on our rseource page under "workshops - dents & bodywork".

I take it that your car is a 7er? If your car is a 3er, you will have a better chance of sourcing a 2nd hand bumper left behind by the many bros on this forum who upgraded to bodykit after catching the mod virus.

Sometimes, mishaps like this are signs from above that you need to upgrade to a chio bodykit. How? ;)

;) Firstly, big thanks to Quiksilver & sybron for your valuable comments!!! Well, I'm driving a Year End '97 728IA, should be a E38 (pls correct me if I'm wrong). I did call up Yew Lip for a quotation, and after some negotiation, the quotation came up to SGD1200. It's approx SGD240+ cheaper than PML, but I'm not sure if the end-result will be as good as PML, if not better. All along for any repairs/servicing, it's always done @ PML. Bros, do any of u guys have any experiences with Yew Lip? Hope to get this done soon as it's kinda sad to see a hole on the car. :) Thanks guys!!!

Dude

I think the general consensus is that Yew Lip's quality of work is not bad but not the best as compared to Sim Wee Chuan & Hong Rong. But then again, the other two will charge more.

My car is getting a new spraypaint and this time I went to a new spraypainter, ADSM. Soon, I'll find out how good the quality of work is.

Dude

I think the general consensus is that Yew Lip's quality of work is not bad but not the best as compared to Sim Wee Chuan & Hong Rong. But then again, the other two will charge more.

My car is getting a new spraypaint and this time I went to a new spraypainter, ADSM. Soon, I'll find out how good the quality of work is.

:) Bro, thanks for your advise... Hmm, I'll see what to do... Maybe going back to PML because it's my car servicing time again, then it's easier to settle both @ the same place... Or maybe going to outside workshops to get the bumper done if I can spare time running both places... Anyway, thanks dude!!! :wavey:

Hi Bros,

I have the same problem with my 3yr old 520i too. The previous spray paint work done by the dealer was very bad and rough. No gloss at all. This info is very useful for me to get my bumper re-spray.

Any idea how much it would cost to get the bumper sand down, patch back and resprayed?

Will it look as new?

Mine is a dark blue color.

Appreciate your reply..

DS

Hi bro, I think maybe you can make a trip down to Auto Glym or other more reputable car care shops to do the necessary treatment? I'm not sure if it's necessary to respray the bumper again. Becoz if you just wish to smoothen your bumper surface and gives it a glossy look, a car care shop should be enough. I don't think you need to go to a workshop to respray. I did my last car treatment @ Auto Glym and they charged me around SGD200+. That's for the whole car and that package was the cheapest one. The finished job is great though. If you need more intensive treatment prpared to fork out more cash. Just my 2 cents advise. Have a nice day ahead bro!!! :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj88living

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back