Car vibrating at 'D'(idling) only when cold...

dit15

Guys,

I have this problem now...

My pre-fl 320i vibrates when gear is at 'D' (idling) but only when cold(in the morning or after not driving for 5 hours and more)...
rpm doesnt really fluctuate...No vibration when driving..moving

Changed all 4 spark plugs and ignition coil - doesnt solve the problem:ultrasho:

Suspect its the mounting but if it is the mounting, won't it vibrate even when engine is hot?
Another suspect - Fuel filter??

Any ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Car vibrating at 'D'(idling) only when cold...

rpm got up down up down or stable during the vibrate

Should be O2 sensor. Try to read quote from diagnose and reset it. I have same issue. Cmf it's not mounting as if it's that it will be thru out

cruzsader;1118545 said:
Should be O2 sensor. Try to read quote from diagnose and reset it. I have same issue. Cmf it's not mounting as if it's that it will be thru out

did the O2 sensor fault appear during the diagnostics test? 1 mechanic did use the OBD but no fault detected.. possible to PM on where you went?

Hi dIT15,

I have encountered a similar issue as well with my ride. It seems the engine is "choked" or coughing........

I am quite positive that yours could also be due to a O2 sensor issue. After monitoring it for 3 days, I went down to PML to resolve this. I was informed by TA that unless the engine vibration fault is a major ones e.g resulted the engine to stall or vibrates for more than a min or so. The onboard computer will not capture the fault and they have to manually run the engine in order to identify its existence....Well, which i find a bit "der"

Meows;1118550 said:
Hi dIT15,

I have encountered a similar issue as well with my ride. It seems the engine is "choked" or coughing........

I am quite positive that yours could also be due to a O2 sensor issue. After monitoring it for 3 days, I went down to PML to resolve this. I was informed by TA that unless the engine vibration fault is a major ones e.g resulted the engine to stall or vibrates for more than a min or so. The onboard computer will not capture the fault and they have to manually run the engine in order to identify its existence....Well, which i find a bit "der"

you managed to get yours fixed or are you just living with it??? hahaha..

how bad is the vibrations? could it just be that the engine is working harder to warm up during a cold start? I notice the same with my car, but it isn't really bad at all and like yours, RPM is stable and it's fine after the engine has fully warmed up.

I'd be keen to know if it's really an issue, so I also know whether to just live with it, or to bring for a check.

I had experience before. Changed the engine and gear box mounting. Problem solved.

For older cars then usually mounts are one of the causes. Changed the ones on old E46 last time and worked like a charm

This thread is useful! [emoji106] just taken over an e90 and experienced some slight vibration at idle too. But not only during "cold" but even at traffic lights after driving some distance. Also noticed slight fluctuations in rpm. Gonna check from O2 sensor first then... [emoji16]

Finally managed to bring down my car for checks on the vibration. Said it could be the air filters and throttle body that's dirty instead. So cleaned that. Car felt more smooth now... No vibration at idle. Keeping fingers crossed!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i9bet41so

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back