Buy use Car 523I 2011

Saravanan15

Hi Guys,

I want to buy second hand car 523I 2011 model for Mrs to use, wanna get some advice from expert in this group for buying 10 years old car. shall i buy car after COE renewed or before renewal and so on.

Thanks & Reagrds

Hi Guys,

I want to buy second hand car 523I 2011 model for Mrs to use, wanna get some advice from expert in this group for buying 10 years old car. shall i buy car after COE renewed or before renewal and so on.

Hi Saravanan,

do you intend to keep the car for another 5 to 10years at least?
get a 7.5, 8 or 9 years old car then renewed it.....unless you can find one that is low mileage and it is still in good condition then get one ( COE-ed F10)

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

looking for another 5 years.

i think getting one then renewed 5 years COE and drive till scrap?...

*** else can consider 520i or 528i
( much lower road tax vs coe-ed-every year add 10percent more on the tax )
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Hi Guys,

Thanks & Reagrds

This will depends on how long you want to drive the car.
If you buy without Coe the depreciation will be easily between 13 to 15k at least. Dealers or sellers will always tell you by doing this you have the luxury to wait and see whether COE up or not. If up don't renew. Another sales pitch will be drive your car and see the condition.
If car condition is bad don't renew.

However in the event if you choose not to renew, your depreciation is at least 13K to 15K pa, versus a 523i with renewed COE , average depreciation pa is about 7.5 to 8k. The difference is huge.

To add on, loans for car nearing COE expiry will have very high installment due to the short tenure. In most cases, loans are not available for car which is less than 12 months COE which means cash purchase.
There are also not many non renewed 523i on the road now. To my memory, last batch of F10 523i is somewhere around August 2011 when PML stopped selling this model and replace with 520i.

520 4 cylinder engine n20 turbo slightly less reliable than 523 / 525, n52 engine 6 cylinder non turbo. Just have to keep up the maintenance I supposed anyway

Some people go for low annual depre, but this cost benefit is negated if maintenance costs are high. Compared to 520, I read more about 523 problems in this and other forums. Could be that most 523 are above 100k mileage and that’s when problems start happening. It’s guaranteed that higher usage results in more wear and tear.

Some people go for low annual depre, but this cost benefit is negated if maintenance costs are high. Compared to 520, I read more about 523 problems in this and other forums. Could be that most 523 are above 100k mileage and that’s when problems start happening. It’s guaranteed that higher usage results in more wear and tear.
:huhhuh:

523 is a n52 natural aspirated.
more reliable for longer engine than a turbo 520.

Just need to keep up maintenance.
but 523 will be less headache than a 520 of similar mileage

IMO, ss long as you buy a 10 yr old F10, be prepared to cough out 5K to 10K, to do some wear and tear repairs. Depending on how the car has been upkeep, the cost may be higher. Overall, 523 with NA engine is better but at 2.5L, it will cost you more to keep the car running. Driving a bimmer is never cheap in SG..

I bought a 9 years old 523i 2 years ago. Renewed the COE for another 10 years. Been driving it close to 3 years now. Never spend more than 3k maintaining it so far. One of the best car i have ever owned. The last of the 6 cylinders NA. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sabonginternationalai

Latest posts

Back