Broken BMW emblem stud when replacing

ahzq17

Hi Bros,

Does any bros here knows how to solve the problem I have incurred on myself? :(

When trying to remove the old emblem, I accidentally broke one of the stud and now it's stuck in the hole. Anyone has any idea on how to remove it so that I can replace it with the new emblem? :errmm:

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Alvin

Re: Broken BMW emblem stud when replacing

ahzq17;1038392 said:
Hi Bros,

Does any bros here knows how to solve the problem I have incurred on myself? :(

When trying to remove the old emblem, I accidentally broke one of the stud and now it's stuck in the hole. Anyone has any idea on how to remove it so that I can replace it with the new emblem? :errmm:

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Alvin

Do you have a picture of the bonnet without the emblem?
Should be able to push the broken piece through the rubber grommet. Very thight, but should go thru.

isn't it a thru hole?.. just push the broken pin thru and of course it will become loose pin inside the bonnet now... should be ok if you are not one of those perfectionists or OCD kind...

Unless you have ultrasonic hearing that can pick that frequency out from the engine, road and wind noise ...... :)

Terras14;1038833 said:
Will it cause rattling if broken pin inside bonnet?

Terras14;1038833 said:
Will it cause rattling if broken pin inside bonnet?

I will assume the tiny bit of plastic will just drop out from some opening below.

Thanks bro! But I shall try it soon and feedback here. :)

But anyone encounter the same issue as me here?

Heard of people kena something before. They pop the bonnet and then look for the holes underneath ....

Next time maybe use a wire floss to slip under then pull the emblem out for better results ....

Not sure if it works but use a vaccum cleaner to see if u can suck it out if its still lodged in the hole.

if can't push the broken piece through the grommet, then the only option is to pull out the black rubber grommet with the broken piece inside. new grommet is available on ebay for just a few dollars.

Doing a fine drilling directly on the stud will does the job. I did mine for replacement of emblems too. Hope this helps ! :)

Are you a dentist ?

Bernardkoh;1039529 said:
Doing a fine drilling directly on the stud will does the job. I did mine for replacement of emblems too. Hope this helps ! :)

Trying to change the emblem on my own. While prying the emblem, accidentally broke both studs and got stuck in the holes. Used a pair of pliers tried to pull the studs out but both broken studs, including the rubber grommets drop into the bonnet hole.

Not sure where they went, opened the bonnet, and it seems there is no way they could have fall out. I think they are now inside the bonnet cover or something. Not sure if the broken pieces will affect anything, opening or closing bonnet? Hope everything is fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncle wang
Back