Bought my first BMW : )

Contra

Well-Known Member
Hi everyone

Just booked an entry level 318i today !

First time buying a BMW so not sure if I got a good deal, alot of the usual stuff that you get as freebies are standard equipment (ie reverse sensors), and I only got the below from the sales rep:

1. 3M window tinting
2. 3M floor mat
3. Aluminium padals

The 318i comes with M-Aerodynamics package and all the other standard stuff. Can anyone advise if I got ripped off?

BTW, I test-drove the 318i before commiting. The power was indeed lacking but I was surprised at the grip when I went in hard at south buona vista : )
 
Re: Bought my first BMW : )

Congrats man! welcome in
 
Re: Bought my first BMW : )

Welcome.. I was like you, bought my first BMW and just collected few days ago.
You had a good deal for the extra aluminium pedals which i dont. :(
You should be collecting your ride in 2-3weeks time. The ultimate driving machine.
 
Re: Bought my first BMW : )

Contra;655318 said:
Hi everyone

Just booked an entry level 318i today !

First time buying a BMW so not sure if I got a good deal, alot of the usual stuff that you get as freebies are standard equipment (ie reverse sensors), and I only got the below from the sales rep:

1. 3M window tinting
2. 3M floor mat
3. Aluminium padals

The 318i comes with M-Aerodynamics package and all the other standard stuff. Can anyone advise if I got ripped off?

BTW, I test-drove the 318i before commiting. The power was indeed lacking but I was surprised at the grip when I went in hard at south buona vista : )


Hi Contra,

Congrats and welcome onboard...............
no worries on the power.................heard my friend C3PO, 326 also sluggish........




* Sheer Driving Pleasure rocks.....................
cheers
 
Re: Bought my first BMW : )

OptimusWKY;655346 said:
Welcome.. I was like you, bought my first BMW and just collected few days ago.
You had a good deal for the extra aluminium pedals which i dont. :(
You should be collecting your ride in 2-3weeks time. The ultimate driving machine.

Hi OptimisWKY

I told the sales person that the pedals looked damn ugly for a BMW and got him to add that in for me..
You didn't get anything else when you got yours? Guess its different compared to jap cars, coz I see alot of my friends asking for all sorts of accessories from the sales reps...

I hope to collect the car soon, he told me 6 bids but usually 2 bids shd do the trick. As for driving machine, the handling was pretty ok, but I foresee a major shift in the way I drive going forward due to the low power...
 
Re: Bought my first BMW : )

ac323;655350 said:
Hi Contra,

Congrats and welcome onboard...............
no worries on the power.................heard my friend C3PO, 326 also sluggish........




* Sheer Driving Pleasure rocks.....................
cheers

Hello

Well I only got the 318 so can't expect too much right, anyway I noted that you bolded the word 'Grip', any reason why?
 
Re: Bought my first BMW : )

Contra;655354 said:
Hello

Well I only got the 318 so can't expect too much right, anyway I noted that you bolded the word 'Grip', any reason why?

BMW handles well, so no worries on the power...............just enjoy the Sheer Driving Pleasure....




cheers
 
Re: Bought my first BMW : )

Contra;655318 said:
Hi everyone

Just booked an entry level 318i today !

First time buying a BMW so not sure if I got a good deal, alot of the usual stuff that you get as freebies are standard equipment (ie reverse sensors), and I only got the below from the sales rep:

1. 3M window tinting
2. 3M floor mat
3. Aluminium padals

The 318i comes with M-Aerodynamics package and all the other standard stuff. Can anyone advise if I got ripped off?

BTW, I test-drove the 318i before commiting. The power was indeed lacking but I was surprised at the grip when I went in hard at south buona vista : )

Very cool !!!

Was the M-aero kit FOC or you paid as a package ??? The kit will cost s$6K plus

Pedals are really nice!!!
 
Re: Bought my first BMW : )

OptimusWKY;655346 said:
Welcome.. I was like you, bought my first BMW and just collected few days ago.
You had a good deal for the extra aluminium pedals which i dont. :(
You should be collecting your ride in 2-3weeks time. The ultimate driving machine.


perhaps you got a better overtrade deal
 
Re: Bought my first BMW : )

Contra;655318 said:
Hi everyone

Just booked an entry level 318i today !

First time buying a BMW so not sure if I got a good deal, alot of the usual stuff that you get as freebies are standard equipment (ie reverse sensors), and I only got the below from the sales rep:

1. 3M window tinting
2. 3M floor mat
3. Aluminium padals

The 318i comes with M-Aerodynamics package and all the other standard stuff. Can anyone advise if I got ripped off?

BTW, I test-drove the 318i before commiting. The power was indeed lacking but I was surprised at the grip when I went in hard at south buona vista : )

haha. ive got the same car too! :)
 
Re: Bought my first BMW : )

audicious;655407 said:
Very cool !!!

Was the M-aero kit FOC or you paid as a package ??? The kit will cost s$6K plus

Pedals are really nice!!!

Bro it's part of the package..
 
Re: Bought my first BMW : )

audicious;655408 said:
perhaps you got a better overtrade deal

That is true. Kudos to my SE for pushing the limit for my overtrade. Haha. :)
 
Re: Bought my first BMW : )

Contra;655318 said:
Hi everyone

Just booked an entry level 318i today !

First time buying a BMW so not sure if I got a good deal, alot of the usual stuff that you get as freebies are standard equipment (ie reverse sensors), and I only got the below from the sales rep:

1. 3M window tinting
2. 3M floor mat
3. Aluminium padals

The 318i comes with M-Aerodynamics package and all the other standard stuff. Can anyone advise if I got ripped off?

BTW, I test-drove the 318i before commiting. The power was indeed lacking but I was surprised at the grip when I went in hard at south buona vista : )

A pretty good package! :dance::dance:

Do u have idrive and 18-inch rims with your M-sport package?
 
Re: Bought my first BMW : )

BlueSwift;656046 said:
A pretty good package! :dance::dance:

Do u have idrive and 18-inch rims with your M-sport package?

wow.... and all for 149,800 nett?
 
Re: Bought my first BMW : )

BlueSwift;656046 said:
A pretty good package! :dance::dance:

Do u have idrive and 18-inch rims with your M-sport package?

didnt know that 318 got i-drive too?



cheers
 
Re: Bought my first BMW : )

no lah... no idrive.... was at PML 3 weeks....
 
Re: Bought my first BMW : )

audicious;656054 said:
no lah... no idrive.... was at PML 3 weeks....

yes, that's what i thought................









cheers
 
Re: Bought my first BMW : )

bodykit is avail... but need to top up....

but even without the kit.... at 149,800..... at today's COE.... rock solid deal.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
82,792
Messages
1,019,510
Members
78,670
Latest member
oxbett2com
Back
Top