BOOK ON BMW - "DRIVEN"

bugaboo

agree. its a nice read. the middle part with the history lessons and the world wars were a bit dry. The 2nd half was much more enjoyable for me.

i wished there were more pictures too. I had to go to the web to look up some of things there were talking about cos i'm not familiar with classic bmws.

saw another book about toyota's lexus brand strategy. u read that?
________
hemp

Last edited by a moderator:
Me still not at 2nd half yet, but enjoying it nonetheless!

Saw the book on lexus - the relentless pursuit of perfection.
Didnt read cos me doesnt like lexus at all. Really no offence to anyone, but I think it appeals to a certain type of people, those who like unobtrusive, magic carpet kind of ride. Personally find it way too quiet, too un-involving from a driver's perspective, too detached. Its not cheap either so I really dont know whats the hype about... Its toyota blood anyway... hehehe

:) :) :)

axl said:
Hey, saw yr car ytd parked at Suntec Dr Yuen! :wavey:

Hi! :wavey: :wavey:

Didnt leave a note? hehe. you must be that mean looking EVO a few lots away??

No lar. Scared wait pp this beng-ster doing smtg weird to yr beautiful Bimmer mah. :silenced:

Yeah, that was me wifey.

Ooh.. looks so scary, like monster. But nice!

:drool: :drool:

Wah!!! How can you like that? I say people complementing your car also cannot!!! :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :naughty:

What sarcasm??? Your car is nice! You must suffer from a severe case of inferiority complex... just think that you can lose the windshield sticker thats all... :hmmidont:

Oh btw, it's "complimenting" dood.

The babe "complements" axl v much.

The babe is "complimenting" how nice e CF bonnet is.

So there... free lesson from e spelling police! :dance:

Yes, my d*ck is small and I feel inferior to 99% of the guys out there. :screwedu:

Kekeke.

axl said:
Yes, my d*ck is small and I feel inferior to 99% of the guys out there. :screwedu:

Kekeke.

Wah bro.. dunno abt your family jewel size lah. But pls spare me if you see me on the road ok? and if you see your fellow EVO buddies, pls tell them dont always "PSST" "PSST" on me when my top is down.

It kills my hearing. :laughlik:

:shoot: :shoot: :shoot:

No dood. It happens when they let off the gas and their BOV vents... nothing personal, hahaha. :ehhh:

Sorry folks... Bit late here. Just completed Kiley's Driven and found it insightful. I'm not technically acquainted with cars but felt that the book was lacking in the treatment of BMW's engines and their engineering. The focus seemed to be on their branding the Rover debacle with bits of history peppered to set the context.

I must confessed that I'm rather biased towards BMW (due in no small measure to the fact that I'm enjoying my new ride) and find the Lexus range rather uninspiring. Nonetheless, I've just started on "Lexus: The Relentless Pursuit". Wonder if anybody out there has read this and would be willing to post your views on this.

Also, does anybody have a recommendation on a good read for Mercedes?

Razor said:
Sorry folks... Bit late here. Just completed Kiley's Driven and found it insightful. I'm not technically acquainted with cars but felt that the book was lacking in the treatment of BMW's engines and their engineering. The focus seemed to be on their branding the Rover debacle with bits of history peppered to set the context.

I must confessed that I'm rather biased towards BMW (due in no small measure to the fact that I'm enjoying my new ride) and find the Lexus range rather uninspiring. Nonetheless, I've just started on "Lexus: The Relentless Pursuit". Wonder if anybody out there has read this and would be willing to post your views on this.

Also, does anybody have a recommendation on a good read for Mercedes?

Wow, you are fast. I am not even near halfway of driven!! hahaha.

havent come across anything about merc yet. Do let me know about the lexus story! I am very keen to know why it sells so well...

Sure thing, will keep you posted on my thoughts about the book on Lexus. I'm dragging my feet in reading this one because there isn't the kind of attachment that I had for the BMW book...

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ko66li

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back