BMW 520i

Hi All

Looking at buying a BMW 520i Luxury from PML. Currently, I am driving a Merc 180K and any car is probably much faster than my current car. I am first time BMW buyer.

I am trying to decide on a couple of things which will need some guidance here.

1. Personally I feel 520i is sufficiently powerful from my current ride. Any opinion on 530i?

2. What colour is better? Alpine white or Mineral white? I read that Alpine white is non metallic though it is that famous shiny BMW white. What about Bluestone? Is this really blue or darker grey with a shade of blue hint? Or any colour is recommended to have that luxury classy feel?

3. Any good on taking the M-Sport package? Wifey likes the steering wheel.

4. Discount level and freebies to ask. Can PM me if not convenient to chat openly.

5. Any other option good to add and things to watch out for.

Many thanks in advance

I would have thought these upmarket features would have been omitted to lower the price.
The 520i's fuel consumption is decent too. Over the 237km that I drove, it recorded an acceptable 8 and 9 litres for every 100km.
But if I were to nitpick, I would say the rear visibility of the car is poor because of the steep angle of the rear windscreen. The inner section of the boot is also too deep to reach unless the driver has a strong back to bend or arms as long as those of professional basketball players.
But my biggest issue with the 520i, or the 5-series for the matter, is that it has become a bit too much of a business suit.

Next it's depend upon your decision.

Thanks.

I would have thought these upmarket features would have been omitted to lower the price.
The 520i's fuel consumption is decent too. Over the 237km that I drove, it recorded an acceptable 8 and 9 litres for every 100km.
But if I were to nitpick, I would say the rear visibility of the car is poor because of the steep angle of the rear windscreen. The inner section of the boot is also too deep to reach unless the driver has a strong back to bend or arms as long as those of professional basketball players.
But my biggest issue with the 520i, or the 5-series for the matter, is that it has become a bit too much of a business suit.

Next it's depend upon your decision.

Thanks.

Thank you

Just booked my BMW 520i MSports with PML. Still undecided with the colour though.

- Alpine white with Black Leather & contrast blue stitching
- Bluestone metallic with Black Leather & contrast blue stitching
- Sophisto grey with Black Leather & contrast blue stitch
- Mediterranean Blue with Black Leather & contrast blue stitching.

Suggestions & advice please

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Just booked my BMW 520i MSports with PML. Still undecided with the colour though.

- Bluestone metallic with Black Leather & contrast blue stitching
- Sophisto grey with Black Leather & contrast blue stitch
- Mediterranean Blue with Black Leather & contrast blue stitching.

Suggestions & advice please
IMO Alpine white looks fantastic with a black or dark interior especially with the Msport package. If you’re looking at sophisticated grey or med blue, why don’t u consider the Cognac interior which matches them very well?

Also if you’re into the drive, go for the 530i. Personally for me coming from a f10 535i, I found the 530 to be nearly as powerful when I test drove, and even smoother, although it’s only a 4 cylinder compared to my 6 cylinder. Road tax also the same for 520 vs 530 anyway

I am driving a C180K and the 520 is considered a class upgrade in almost all departments. I can't drive that fast most of the time with wifey's speed control :) So I have decided on Alpine white with black leather with blue stitching on the 520 with M-sports package. Test drove both 520 Luxury and 520 M-Sports, defintely felt that i have better control with the lowered and stiiffer sports suspension. Somw how, I feel the M-Sport version more responsive though there don't seem to be any "special" tuning done.

Can anyone enlighten me the difference between 520 M-Sports and 530 as I was told 520 is a tuned down version of the 530 with a different cooling system and sports gearbox?

Congrats bro! Check which gearbox comes with the car. IIRC the 530i lux comes with the sports auto gearbox but 520i m sport doesn’t have it despite m sport package.
As for the tuning, yes 520 is a tuned down version of the same engine in the 530, but some parts within the engine itself might be different (same case as f10 520i vs 528i, iirc the compression ratios etc were different even though the engine is the same). But you can always tune the engine outside haha I think some of the site sponsors can help you with that

Congrats bro! Check which gearbox comes with the car. IIRC the 530i lux comes with the sports auto gearbox but 520i m sport doesn’t have it despite m sport package.
As for the tuning, yes 520 is a tuned down version of the same engine in the 530, but some parts within the engine itself might be different (same case as f10 520i vs 528i, iirc the compression ratios etc were different even though the engine is the same). But you can always tune the engine outside haha I think some of the site sponsors can help you with that

Thank you for your advice. Will be collecting my car this Thursday and looking at upgrading the rim to a 20" forged rim and hopefully this does not become too draggy. Tuning the car may be a bit tricky due to the 5 years warranty and service which comes with my package. Looking someone to buy over the 18" 662 M Rims with tyres when the car is delivered.

Hi superfly, how's you 520 luxury drive?
In term of power, handling and features.
And what rims you up grade ?

Thank you for your advice. Will be collecting my car this Thursday and looking at upgrading the rim to a 20" forged rim and hopefully this does not become too draggy. Tuning the car may be a bit tricky due to the 5 years warranty and service which comes with my package. Looking someone to buy over the 18" 662 M Rims with tyres when the car is delivered.
Hi, could you share your experience with the 520?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maksum88

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back