Blackvue problem n wiper jump...

BaSh8181

Hi Guys...

Recently I have installed blackvue On my car without Power magic which can record during parking.

The blackvue only records when I start my engine.

I realized that if I stop my engine for a while, n restart it shortly, blackvue will not be powered up. Normally, only after a prolonged stop n restart, blackvue then will be activated.

Why is this so?

I always have a practice of shutting my engine, n press the start/stop engine again to off the radio n electrics. Sometimes when I do so, my wiper jump a little when I shut the electrics.

Why is this so?

I m driving a F10, 523i.

Thanks all for ur advice!

Re: Blackvue problem n wiper jump...

wiper jump is normal. IIRC, if you don't press off the second time, the wiper will still jump when you lock the doors.

Hi, Strange . I do not have the above problem at all. Normally when you stop your car the blackvue usually takes afew seconds to stop recording. I have my blackvue installed at the rear without power magic as well...

Have you tried updating to the latest firmware?

Slow_poke_driver;930298 said:
wiper jump is normal. IIRC, if you don't press off the second time, the wiper will still jump when you lock the doors.

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies!

May I know what is IIRC?

I have not updated the latest firmware. I am not sure why sometimes when i start the engine, the blackvue dun work..

Will try to do update and share with all of u...

Thanks all!

Yours f10?
Cos if power is tap from ciggie, it will not power down immediately.
Takes around 15mins

horrible;931047 said:
Yours f10?
Cos if power is tap from ciggie, it will not power down immediately.
Takes around 15mins

Hi bro, mine is F10.

And I powered it internally. Not thru ciggie.
I have no problem on blackvue shutting down, but more on powering it

If I stop my car for a while, n then start engine shortly, sometimes it do not power up.

So I m not sure if its the blackvue is faulty...

BaSh8181;931106 said:
Hi bro, mine is F10.

And I powered it internally. Not thru ciggie.
I have no problem on blackvue shutting down, but more on powering it

If I stop my car for a while, n then start engine shortly, sometimes it do not power up.

So I m not sure if its the blackvue is faulty...

Mine also done internally but the source is same as cig lighter.
The multimedia interface for my reverse camera n blackvue both r tapped from here. Wirings r concealed. Power to the cig lighter is e last power to be cut when u off the car, 15mins.

To troubleshoot, either u borrow another set of blackvue to try or u can try to plug direct into the cig port externally. So if first method works, u have a faulty set. If second method works, likely your installer tapped the wrong wire.

Currently, does your blackvue cuts immediately after u off the car?

Last edited by a moderator:

horrible;931278 said:
Mine also done internally but the source is same as cig lighter.
The multimedia interface for my reverse camera n blackvue both r tapped from here. Wirings r concealed. Power to the cig lighter is e last power to be cut when u off the car, 15mins.

To troubleshoot, either u borrow another set of blackvue to try or u can try to plug direct into the cig port externally. So if first method works, u have a faulty set. If second method works, likely your installer tapped the wrong wire.

Currently, does your blackvue cuts immediately after u off the car?

Hi bro, thanks for ur suggestion.

Mine wil cut off shortly after I shut down the engine. Maybe 2 mins of shutting down.

Can it be tapped wrongly?

BaSh8181;931375 said:
Hi bro, thanks for ur suggestion.

Mine wil cut off shortly after I shut down the engine. Maybe 2 mins of shutting down.

Can it be tapped wrongly?

probably tapped wrong place. I had a similar experience when I had mine installed 2 months ago. The camera will shut down after a couple of minutes with engine off. Brought the car back to the workshop and let them check, and found that they had tapped a power source that will cut off few minutes after the engine is off

bryan_t;931407 said:
probably tapped wrong place. I had a similar experience when I had mine installed 2 months ago. The camera will shut down after a couple of minutes with engine off. Brought the car back to the workshop and let them check, and found that they had tapped a power source that will cut off few minutes after the engine is off

So now yours cuts off immediately?
My cig lighter also doesn't cut immediately even if I plug my GPS directly into e hole.

horrible;931714 said:
So now yours cuts off immediately?
My cig lighter also doesn't cut immediately even if I plug my GPS directly into e hole.

no, now plugged into another fuse socket, so will not power down when I off the engine.

Hi guys, I just bought a Blackvue 380. Sorry to side track a bit.... Is there any recommendation on where to install my Blackvue. I probably just want a simple installation that records when my car is on the move.

Next, I also gotten a M gear knob, appreciate if you can recommend me a place that can do the installations for both items. Thanks in advance!

need power magic for continuous recording, after parking. is there anyway that can go around this without voiding the warranty?

horrible;931902 said:
Autospritze.
Look for ah boon

Hi bro, I had made a call to Ah Boon.... Charges quoted by him is pretty reasonable. I'll engage his service, tks!

his charges r reasonable, but most importantly is his workmanship.
i've been going to him for reverse camera n mmi retrofit for my merc and beemer.
He and his boys knows what they are doing and really takes care of your car.

My blackvues are configured to record 24/7. At least that was what I requested and that was what they said they did. Am too amateurish, so can't quite tell yet.

I've had to install additional battery packs, chargers and adapters. Looks to be ok so far, Cept for the first three days when I had to return for them to troubleshoot several times.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
betonstein1

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back