Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shaun

Trusted Sponsor
Definitely yea

Re: Blacked Out Grills

Yeah bro!

Azrielsc said:
Okay... As you know from my previous encounter with Yew Lip Spray Painting, they did a fine job repairing my rims! http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=90 :thumbsup: So one day, i decided to take out my spare kidney grills from storage and decided to ask them to spray them matt black. They did that, charged me a bit and i installed it on the spot.

So what do you guys think?

album_pic.php

album_pic.php

album_pic.php

Cheers!
(PS: New forum very first Poll! :) )

Raffles said:
Depends on your ride's colour & exterior accessories' colour match, voted Yah for your ride. :thumbsup:

Oops... forgot to tell u lot that my window trim is still chrome... :oops:

But i'm surprised that quite a number of pple voted YAY instead of NAY...

Cheers

Ehhh.. kinda think it looks strange tho. Mebbe its cos I am used to chrome look..

But nonetheless, a nice touch.

Azrielsc said:
Raffles said:
Depends on your ride's colour & exterior accessories' colour match, voted Yah for your ride. :thumbsup:

Oops... forgot to tell u lot that my window trim is still chrome... :oops:

But i'm surprised that quite a number of pple voted YAY instead of NAY...

Cheers

sorry bro, but i voted No ... i think the original chrome trimming makes your nice car look much nicer ... the E46 coupe is not just about dynamic prowess, but also timeless elegance

personal tastes of cos! take care! :)

Black grilles make a vent look larger than if it was painted silver. Perceived larger vents give the impression of a need for more airflow (either ingesting the air or flowing it through a heat exchanger) - which suggests a more powerful car.

So blacked out grilles, IMO, look more 'Performance'. I like it alot.

ramius75 said:
Looks fierce!! But you'll probably have to get your window trims to match for a more holistic look. 8)

That's the problem... Removing the chrome window trim can cause the trim to warp though. And I don't wan to go through the hassle...

Tom & Shaun: Black grills look :thumbsup: Thanks!

Azrielsc said:
That's the problem... Removing the chrome window trim can cause the trim to warp though. And I don't wan to go through the hassle...

Well... looking on the bright side... you got a 2-in-1 look! Has 'timeless elegance' (as Paladin put it) from the sides, and a fierce wanna-eat-u-up look from the front! :thumbsup:

haha... that's a good point for me to consider... Anyway, i've both black grills and chrome ones so that i can interchange them when i feel like it...macham like watch, can change face whenever the mood!

Cheers

Cool look man! Keep it!!! :thumbsup:

Azrielsc said:
Okay... As you know from my previous encounter with Yew Lip Spray Painting, they did a fine job repairing my rims! http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=90 :thumbsup: So one day, i decided to take out my spare kidney grills from storage and decided to ask them to spray them matt black. They did that, charged me a bit and i installed it on the spot.

So what do you guys think?
Cheers!
(PS: New forum very first Poll! :) )

Azrielsc said:
MRacer77 said:
Cool look man! Keep it!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks bro! Your comments are impt to me!! :thumbsup:

No prob man... I like the look and would probably be doing something similiar... have seen a set of carbon fibre ones that are quite appealing... :thumbsup:

Sam -

I say keep the black grills. They make the front end of your car look sooo much nicer. Also, your window trim, paint the top part of it. You can take it out without screwing it up. The BOTTOM part of the window trim is a different story. You just take them out, and replace them with the black ones (cuz they're gonna be bent). They aren't that expensive, you can get them from Performance Motor Im sure. For part numbers, check e46.dtmpower.net. I used to have the same color coupe like yours, so I know these things ;)
G'luck!

Back