Battery discharge while stationary warning

wt_know

hi,

i just transferred my in-car camera from e90 to f10
the camera comes with power magic that enable parking mode recording.
the power magic setting is 12 hours or 12v, shutdown camera

however, the battery discharge while stationary warning appear in f10.
this is normal and nothing wrong as it is just a warning that battery is indeed discharge during stationary.

bro on power magic or any device that support parking mode recording, do you

a. ignore the warning

b. disable parking recording mode

c. is there a coding to "disable" the warning. i assume it is not advisable to disable such safety warning, right?

thanks

Re: Battery discharge while stationary warning

My F30 facing the same problem, I was quite disturbed by the warning initially. However after 3 months, got used to it liao!

wt_know;1013106 said:
hi,

this is normal and nothing wrong as it is just a warning that battery is indeed discharge during stationary.

a. ignore the warning

c. is there a coding to "disable" the warning. i assume it is not advisable to disable such safety warning, right?

thanks

Ignorance is bliss. Gotten used to seeing the small triangle for first start of the day.

lol ... not everything also ignore hor

jnoelq;1013112 said:
Ignorance is bliss. Gotten used to seeing the small triangle for first start of the day.

wt_know;1013106 said:
hi,

a. ignore the warning

thanks

Hi,

I have the same issue with you but i have gotten use to it alr. Either you ignore the warning every mornin you start your car or you switch off the parking mode, but that defeat the purpose. :D

you can try contact Elebest and see if Max is able to help you on this. But if i were you, i'll just ignore..

I switch off the unit once I reach my office cos my office carpark has CCTV and whoever vandalises or does something funny confirm inside job!

When I go home, I park at a brightly lit place also within view of CCTV, so I also off it.

I believe if u on it 24/7, the unit gets sibeh hot and also battery wear and tear faster. So be selective when u wanna leave it on. I know of one fella who leaves it on 24/7 even tho he parks it inside his own car porch and gate locked and at his front door there's already a CCTV. I never say ST8800 the cock

Red_Bean_Bun;1013121 said:
Does your camera have motion detection ?

Most cam that has parking option will have motion-detection capability. Even though its motion detection, does not mean the camera is shut off...its just not recording into memory..normally once motion detected, the video is transferred into memory so it still runs hot and draining batt...

you pull out the power cable from the camera or you have a customised on/off switch
f10 fuse box is on the passenger side and there is where the on/off switch is?

MW;1013128 said:
I switch off the unit once I reach my office cos my office carpark has CCTV and whoever vandalises or does something funny confirm inside job!

When I go home, I park at a brightly lit place also within view of CCTV, so I also off it.

I believe if u on it 24/7, the unit gets sibeh hot and also battery wear and tear faster. So be selective when u wanna leave it on. I know of one fella who leaves it on 24/7 even tho he parks it inside his own car porch and gate locked and at his front door there's already a CCTV. I never say ST8800 the cock

Last edited by a moderator:

wt_know;1013145 said:
you pull out the power cable from the camera or you have a customised on/off switch
f10 fuse box is on the passenger side and there is where the on/off switch is?
The power magic pro that i am having now has a switch to let u on n off instead of pulling the cable...

you stick the power magic underneath the driver or passenger side?
need to cut a hole for the cable to come out?

33da9mq.jpg

pReTeNd3r;1013147 said:
The power magic pro that i am having now has a switch to let u on n off instead of pulling the cable...

Congrats, welcome to F10 club. Did you buy 535 at last?

a. WHat ever low setting you do on sensitivity, if car is parked more than 12 hours, I get this warning. I started ignoring this one for close to one year now.

b. If I disable the parking mode, there is no problem with the battery for me, but the purpose of cam is lost.

c. As long as it is same warning, it should be okay. If you are worried, you can disconnect the camera and see if the warning comes from time to time. If warning does not come, then you know the Cam is the only culprit.

wt_know;1013106 said:
hi,

a. ignore the warning

thanks

thanks. no i did not get a 535. pocket aint deep enough.
got to satisfy with a 4pot turbo

Steptronic;1013153 said:
Congrats, welcome to F10 club. Did you buy 535 at last?

a. WHat ever low setting you do on sensitivity, if car is parked more than 12 hours, I get this warning. I started ignoring this one for close to one year now.

b. If I disable the parking mode, there is no problem with the battery for me, but the purpose of cam is lost.

c. As long as it is same warning, it should be okay. If you are worried, you can disconnect the camera and see if the warning comes from time to time. If warning does not come, then you know the Cam is the only culprit.

wt_know;1013151 said:
you stick the power magic underneath the driver or passenger side?
need to cut a hole for the cable to come out?

Nope.. didnt cut at all.. its pasted near the fuse box at the passenger side...

yeah, the workshop did offer this solution to me but i find it leceh each time have to walk to the passenger side to on/off
hence, i just pull out the cable from the camera.

pReTeNd3r;1013157 said:
Nope.. didnt cut at all.. its pasted near the fuse box at the passenger side...

Yup - The motion detector when its too sensitive would just keep the camera recording. In some cases - even falling leaves would trigger the recording. So it would be recording all night out and not be in parking mode.

Some tweaking would be needed. The G-Sensors would need to be tweaked as well as it will also falsely trigger the recordings while the car is stationary.

My 2 cents on this ....

dankoo;1013137 said:
Most cam that has parking option will have motion-detection capability. Even though its motion detection, does not mean the camera is shut off...its just not recording into memory..normally once motion detected, the video is transferred into memory so it still runs hot and draining batt...

wt_know;1013160 said:
yeah, the workshop did offer this solution to me but i find it leceh each time have to walk to the passenger side to on/off
hence, i just pull out the cable from the camera.

pullin out the cable is alright, what i'm worried is that one fine day, while u r pullin out the cable out, the pin is stuck onto the connector...:yikess:....

:thumbsup:...

The choice is yours dude.....Different ppl will have different preference...

The F10s have a Intelligent Battery Sensor on the negative terminal and this bugger measures all current drains from 1mA to 1000A. When you shut down the car and lock up, the car still continues to monitor the current drain as well as voltage to determine if the car can still start the next time. If the DME senses that after 68mins of shut down, the current drain is still more than 80mA, it sends a shut down command to the junction box which turns off all devices inside the car. This means the CD changer forgets which disc tray contains which disc and sometimes even the time in the instrument cluster shuts down.

The powermagic box just uses a cutoff voltage level to determine when the camera is shut down. As your standard battery will be able to supply heaps of power before the voltage goes down to 12V, the car itself will sense the current drain way ahead of the voltage drop.

The recommended method is to connect the camera to a switched source of power or install a separate small lead acid battery to power the camera 24/7 but only charges back when the car is started.

rod

hi rodney,

thanks for your valuable feedback.
if i get a battery pack, the battery pack is connected to the fuse box for charging and then disperse the power to the camera when the car is shutdown?

if the battery pack is outside the fuse box, it can only connect to the 3 designated ciggy connections which are

a. inside the 2 cup holders
b. inside the armrest
c. rear aircon vent

none of these is a good spot for battery pack right and involve a lot of wiring

R2D;1013268 said:
The F10s have a Intelligent Battery Sensor on the negative terminal and this bugger measures all current drains from 1mA to 1000A. When you shut down the car and lock up, the car still continues to monitor the current drain as well as voltage to determine if the car can still start the next time. If the DME senses that after 68mins of shut down, the current drain is still more than 80mA, it sends a shut down command to the junction box which turns off all devices inside the car. This means the CD changer forgets which disc tray contains which disc and sometimes even the time in the instrument cluster shuts down.

The powermagic box just uses a cutoff voltage level to determine when the camera is shut down. As your standard battery will be able to supply heaps of power before the voltage goes down to 12V, the car itself will sense the current drain way ahead of the voltage drop.

The recommended method is to connect the camera to a switched source of power or install a separate small lead acid battery to power the camera 24/7 but only charges back when the car is started.

rod

you should get a small lead acid battery around 8-10Ah. It is about the size of a small motorcycle battery. Most of the battery compartments have enough space for such a batt. Use a relay to switch this battery on and off in parallel to the car's main batt. From this small batt terminals, run the power cables to your camera. This way the car will not see any parasitic load when switched off.

The other simpler way is to park in well organised/lit areas and wire the camera into the ignition circuit (i.e. off when car off)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gartenleber

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back