Axle-back vs Cat-back exhaust systems

Lancelot88

hi, anyone driving 318i B38 with the Bastuck axle-back exhaust system?

seems this is the only LTA approved exhaust for our car model....read somewhere that the axle-back does not provide as much performance gains as the cat-back. Not sure if Bastuck has the cat-back models for the B38.

Hoping to get some feedback from fellow forummers here using the axle-back or cat-back on their B38s.

If only the axle back is approved by LTA , technically you would fail if you installed the cat back.

Dont really understand how the approval works though - for the N13 4 cyl engine
Remus and Supersprint were axle back approved while Bastuck was cat back approved by LTA.

Wouldn't bother too much.Anything behind the cat is unlikely to give real performance gains.

If only the axle back is approved by LTA , technically you would fail if you installed the cat back.

Dont really understand how the approval works though - for the N13 4 cyl engine
Remus and Supersprint were axle back approved while Bastuck was cat back approved by LTA.

Wouldn't bother too much.Anything behind the cat is unlikely to give real performance gains.

Fully agree with you....if it's just an axle-back system, not too keen to get it just for the sake of the sound....

i am curious, though, to know if any bros had succeeded in getting a full cat-back exhaust system approved by LTA for the 318i F30.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sabonginternationalai

Latest posts

Back