Anyone regretted switching from 3.0L to 2.0L bmw

Tej

Hi all bros,

I currently drive a F10 535i which I've owned for over 12 years. It is tuned to around 400hp. However, it seems to be giving a lot of headache as it is getting old: a couple of times broken down or behaving funnily. So, my dilemma is the following:

I've already spent many many k (easily more than 10k) replacing whatever the workshop needs me to replace over the past couple of years. Given that I spent so much, I have a feeling maybe I should stick with this car for a couple of more years. However, I'm worried there may be more issues that come up every now and then.

The other option is to buy a 3-4 year old G30 520i, which may be a bit newer so less headache. The used 530i seems expensive, but I'm worried if I switch to 520i will I regret afterwards because the performance is much less than 535i? Or maybe is it better I pay a bit more and get a small car like X1 or 2 series new from agent so guaranteed no headache (even then that might be even less powerful than 520i)?

Would love to hear what are your thought or opinions?

preference vs wallet, its very much an individual's preference

Power is definitely a big difference but do you need the surge of power or do you prefer a newer, slightly bigger ride?
I would suggest go for a test drive with a lowered expectation of power but rather focus on the refinement of the stock accessories and make your judgement from there. It is definitely expected that you will add poison to it along the way... :)

Hi all bros,

I currently drive a F10 535i which I've owned for over 12 years. It is tuned to around 400hp. However, it seems to be giving a lot of headache as it is getting old: a couple of times broken down or behaving funnily. So, my dilemma is the following:

I've already spent many many k (easily more than 10k) replacing whatever the workshop needs me to replace over the past couple of years. Given that I spent so much, I have a feeling maybe I should stick with this car for a couple of more years. However, I'm worried there may be more issues that come up every now and then.

The other option is to buy a 3-4 year old G30 520i, which may be a bit newer so less headache. The used 530i seems expensive, but I'm worried if I switch to 520i will I regret afterwards because the performance is much less than 535i? Or maybe is it better I pay a bit more and get a small car like X1 or 2 series new from agent so guaranteed no headache (even then that might be even less powerful than 520i)?

Would love to hear what are your thought or opinions?

Hi Bro,

I went through the same stage as you. sold my 535i and later bought a 428i for a short-term drive. In terms of power, I don't feel much lost because the 428 was FBO with stage 2 tune and of course being a lighter car makes up the difference. The N55 is quite a reliable engine with proper maintenance, I do like the smoothness of the inline 6 engine. To pay 24-25k depre on a 520 I would rather keep the 535i, to be frank.
The 520 depre is confirmed spending now, but 535i speculated problems are what you are worried about.
if spending is your concern then keeping the 535i is a better option. Your current 535i depre even including road tax will not cost you more than 25k and you get so much more power.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sabonginternationalai

Latest posts

Back