Almost.....

bryan_t

almost got swiped by a bus on Thursday evening....

[video]http://www.flickr.com/photos/36058027@N04/9837332124/[/video]

If I had not slowed down, would most definitely got hit by the bus on the right.

What if I had to swerve more to the left to avoid the bus, but end up hitting the beemer on my left, can I then blame the bus?? :errrrrrr:

Re: Almost.....

WTF. Sneaked into your lane like that!

Buses are very long vehicles that require extra clearance when they navigate round a convex bend in order not to mount kerb. Best not to drive next to them on such roads.
i think the driver was trying to keep to his own lane in the video. defensive driving prevents accidents :)

Honestly, i think you also contribute to your own problem. Most road on Singapore will not have enough space for long vehicle to turn. It would be better either overtake before corner or after corner. Not in corner.

Video is clear because windscreen is clean. Where to wash car until its so clean?

davidtch;1036038 said:
Honestly, i think you also contribute to your own problem. Most road on Singapore will not have enough space for long vehicle to turn. It would be better either overtake before corner or after corner. Not in corner.

Well, I have had so many incidents where the buses are turning the same direction as I and I will let them pass first. The length of the bus body simply cuts into the path through no fault of the drivers. Defensive driving nia!

Meek;1036039 said:
Video is clear because windscreen is clean. Where to wash car until its so clean?

I get this feeling someone is hinting that I should wash car... I'm a SNAG!

davidtch;1036038 said:

bro, I was in my own lane, not overtaking. The driver of a long vehicle should be aware of his own need for extra space as well as presence of other cars.

The bus driver may not be right to do what he did but better for everyone to take precautions. Even if you were totally in the right, any contact with large commercial vehicles will cause much inconvenience and angst. Just try to avoid lo.

bryan_t;1036057 said:
bro, I was in my own lane, not overtaking. The driver of a long vehicle should be aware of his own need for extra space as well as presence of other cars.
Honestly, u should be aware rather than him. It is pure physic that he needs more space than passenger car. Even at very slow speed.

be careful bah for me I will never drive beside a big ass vehicle as long there are turns coming up I will either speed up to go to the front or stay at the back till there is a chance for me to accelerate to the front.

Use that route to get back home quite often after visiting Sin Ming WSs.......that stretch is a PITA even between cars. That's why it's better to put the pedal to the metal before the bend - you can choose either the accelerator or the brakes.

Is it the design of the road that is the root of the problem? If yes then LTA should look at it. I'm serious. Car not that bad, tomorrow it can be a suay motorist.

Red_Bean_Bun;1036103 said:
Use that route to get back home quite often after visiting Sin Ming WSs.......that stretch is a PITA even between cars. That's why it's better to put the pedal to the metal before the bend - you can choose either the accelerator or the brakes.

my concern at that point was whether I had cut into the path of the beemer on my left, as well as any car behind if they will be able to brake in time as well.

C3P0;1036117 said:
Is it the design of the road that is the root of the problem? If yes then LTA should look at it. I'm serious. Car not that bad, tomorrow it can be a suay motorist.

I guess with any bend on the road, its going to be a tight squeeze for big vehicles.

Another point, should buses even be on the extreme right lanes knowing they have to cut through 3 lanes to stop at the bus-stop ahead?

The farrer road death trap is still in full operations ......don't think LTA would do anything.

C3P0;1036117 said:

Too chim ..... Experience wise - They could be graduates of the bmw defensive driving class or just graduated from comfort delgro driving school and just collected their license that say.

Hard to say ......

bryan_t;1036118 said:
my concern at that point was whether I had cut into the path of the beemer on my left, as well as any car behind if they will be able to brake in time as well.

More accidents, more traffic fines. More fines, more $$$$$$. LTA has no incentive to fix cash cows. Cue useless ERP and equally useless COE as methods of traffic and vehicular number controls respectively. The conspiracy theory grows. :lol2:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peso63comph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back