Advice on Brake Replacement / Upgrades

Akingston

Re: Advice on Brake Replacement / Upgrades

If your car sees a lot of rain, don't bother with drilled disks, as they can crack between the holes.

I have DBA slotted disks, pagid semi race pads. and decent brake fluid. They pull up so well your eyes will pop!! hehe

just changed to x-drilled because of the looks... dont think the braking performance will be enhanced till i can feel it...

i went this way, checked pml original parts (disc+pads)... then using this budget, i worked out being able to get brembos + pagids (sport) plus some savings... certainly a good and economical upgrade from stock...

Did you guys realise that the original posting was almost 4 years ago..........?

martmode8850;292536 said:
just changed to x-drilled because of the looks... dont think the braking performance will be enhanced till i can feel it...

i went this way, checked pml original parts (disc+pads)... then using this budget, i worked out being able to get brembos + pagids (sport) plus some savings... certainly a good and economical upgrade from stock...

Whats the cost of the disc+pads in PML? I tried enquiring on the pricing of parts in PM a few times. I couldn't get through most of the time but when i did, the enquires assistant on the line wasn't sure, :angry:

Called them up before and they quoted S$200-S$2000.

Utterly brilliant! :)

whiteskies;431440 said:
Whats the cost of the disc+pads in PML? I tried enquiring on the pricing of parts in PM a few times. I couldn't get through most of the time but when i did, the enquires assistant on the line wasn't sure, :angry:

A pair of stock pads should set u back not more than $100 from engsoon. Rotors not more than $500, but a piece or a pair i'm not sure... this should give u a gauge.:)

Icic. Thanks for the info!

I got mine replaced at some private service workshop I got my pads at 210 per set and 390 for a pair of discs not sure if i was a good deal.

just changed a pair of front rotors for 250 and pads for 110 excluding labour. j4c and bvo is quite close in pricing.

cdp999;431477 said:
just changed a pair of front rotors for 250 and pads for 110 excluding labour. j4c and bvo is quite close in pricing.

Sounds about right... :)
Reckon labour should set you back another 40-80.

thanks for the tip...as my rear pads are wearing out fast..6 months warranty to go with PML. so kindda caught between where to get it fixed.

Back