Advanced Car Eye 2.0 Faulty… Twice!

Sem5592

Has anyone experienced Advanced Car Eye 2.0 spoilt? I changed twice & all spoilt very fast. Car bought new in 2019. BMW said nothing wrong with electricity/wiring. What else can cause the issue?
The Dashcam is super expensive, low image quality, yet cannot change to other brand without voiding warranty.

Has anyone experienced Advanced Car Eye 2.0 spoilt? I changed twice & all spoilt very fast. Car bought new in 2019. BMW said nothing wrong with electricity/wiring. What else can cause the issue?
The Dashcam is super expensive, low image quality, yet cannot change to other brand without voiding warranty.

Total bullshit, change to a better unit with an external battery to prevent battery drain and enjoy the benefits. So many better cameras available in the market.

Total bullshit, change to a better unit with an external battery to prevent battery drain and enjoy the benefits. So many better cameras available in the market.
That’s what I initially wanted to do. PML said the battery and electrical warranty will be void because external battery will take power/recharge using main battery.

Well its up to you to believe him or not. Do a search to see if your ride is suspect able to electrical failure of any kind. External battery takes its charge from the alternator unless your installer wires it differently. Ive had 6 different 3rd party cameras over 4 different cars spanning 10 years and nothing of that sort has ever happened. Your personal choice at the end of the day.

From what I gather , it’s useless to complain to PML. I heard someone went direct to BMW Asia and lodge a complaint about the shitty quality and managed to get a free replacement.

That’s what I initially wanted to do. PML said the battery and electrical warranty will be void because external battery will take power/recharge using main battery.

yes they WILL void your warranty .after some not so recent events.

Back