about the 316i's oil temp

nonpop

the oil temp goes around 120℃ when i drive my 316i in highway for 30min, under eco mode, the speed is around 120km/h. is it normal temp in this situation? i am warrying about the temperature is too high to accelerate the aging of rubber parts.

It reaches that temperature when u slow down after reaching 120kmh or it stays at that temperature when u are constantly travelling at 120kmh.

Few degrees more and your car will overheat and go into limb mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not normal if you are just doing regular travelling on the expressway.

120c - normal if you are clearing carbon on the expressway for 30 minutes.

Let me know if you want some thoughts about this ...

I am having the same concerns too. Normally it’s slightly below the 120 mark and recently it’s inching up to there. Anything to do with age of car too? I just changed my thermostat last year after overheating issues

I had encountered a similar situation as well for my F30.
The problem was my reserved reservoir connectors have worn out and the water is depleting gradually. I had to top up like every 3-4 days. (Frustrated and ).

After rectifying this problem, I noticed a few significant changes. ()
1. my temp reading stays at between 110++ degC while travelling. Never hit 120deg C. It does goes lower during cooler weather as low as 100 DegC ++ at times.
2. It takes a much longer time for the temperature to climb to 120 degC while travelling.
3. Air con appears to be cooler. (24 degC)

My ride is into its 6yrs and mileage is super high at ard 157, 000km.

Thanks Meows! I just went to get it checked yesterday and realized there was a engine oil leak. Rectified the problem and now still observing if the problem still persists

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onbetsystems

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back