A Guide on How to Identify Fake Brembo

NoToFakes

Hi,

Counterfeiting is a serious crime, even if it seems that it is not worth paying a premium for the genuine product. The worst part about this industry is that consumers might be tricked into buying a fake item while believing it is the genuine article

I will probably offend some paid advertiser (and sellers) here at BMW SG and if I do get ban you should know why this thread disappear or is deleted and my account cease to exist.

**I am also not affiliated with any sellers or shop or whatsoever, i tried to post similar post at BMW SG facebook page but was BAN AND BLOCKED without any given reason or whatsoever. There was also no way to contact the admin on this as I have been BAN AND BLOCKED. I am just a consumer who has seen too much of all these nonsense and decided to share and create awareness.

We will start with the cheapest Brembo which are the 17z/18z/19z, these are OEM calipers made specifically only for the VAG (Porche, Lambo, Audi, VW) group. I will cut the story short and just tell you how to identify them, it is really simple, if you BBK caliper is in the shape of a 17z/18z...etc but it has a separate mounting bracket it is very likely a fake. Brembo DOES NOT MANUFACTURE the xxZ series BBK for aftermarket use at all! You can google all you want for 18z (17z....etc) all the images (if original) comes "integrated" with a mounting bracket and there is no way it comes as a 2 pcs set. The reason for that the fakes do away with the integrated mounting points is to allows the them to cater to any cars they want and like. So basically they just copy the share of the calipers without the brackets.

So yes, if you have a Brembo xxZ series caliper on a BMW or Honda or Toyota it is very likely it is a fake.

Original 18Z
images.jpg

Fake 18z
Fake.jpg

If I do not get ban and there are enough interest through the replies, I would go into how to identify a fake GT Kit which would definitely offend even more advertiser and sellers

Last edited:
Just share, already kanna ban from their FB, what is the different doing it here?
And this forum is not as active before, so no diff if you get ban here.

I guess its good to read up the real stuff on Brembo webpage and find out their range of BBK that are suitable for our particular model of rides and then target down to search locally based on that particular model rather than what the Salesman advocates
" ... same one, sure can fit one! Ferrari also use this model!..." :D

https://www.brembo.com/en/company/about/the-group-brands
Didn't realise AP also under the Brembo group...ha!

Guys, might I asked then given the high risk of getting fake brembo, are we then limited to considering the M performance BBK? Current ride F30 328 on 18”
AP racing from a trusted distributor.

carousell has a tonne of refurbished M performance - those blue ones are definitely refurb..dont know which parts r original and what is ' fake ' ! The M performance original comes at around $ 3.x k new from Eng Soon Auto - need to arrange own fitting.

Refurbished or OE caliper IMO are all fake and a story that was spin up by the "dealers" for you to convince yourself that you've got a bargain.

Think about it, are there so much Brembo GT around for them to refurbish? Wouldn't you be able to get a better price selling a Brembo GT set 2nd hand than send it to the scrapyard? FYI a brand new set of Brembo GT 6/4 is around the price of $10K.

Also of course the OE story, FYI ALL and I MEAN ALL OE calipers comes with integrated brackets like the 19Z...etc. So unless you are swapping BMW to BMW or Porsche to Porsche/VW...etc, yes it is a fake IMO. However, there are also fake OE calipers with integrated bracket as well..... from the price and source you can more or less tell. For example, if eng soon is selling at 3K and someone selling for 2K brand new, you think its real? You think a small dealer can get 1k cheaper than a big dealer? You think because Eng Soon mark up high? Does the item have original box with the proper part number labeled on the box? Ya maybe its true and legit, but why would eng soon want to price themselves out of the market and loss out making money?
We are not talking about cars PI vs AD, we are talking about parts which runs in 4 digits not 5 or 6 digits.

So ask yourself, you wanna be in denial or its a fake?

Last edited:
got very original looking fakes ! wonder how many of these end up in the Singapore market :Hehehmn:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
99okworks
Back