7 series problems

My 735Li got no major problems. Owned it for a year. Maybe its still low mileage... 6k.

1) CD Cassette : Sometimes dunno how to eject when button pressed.
2) When Aircon off: car got delay in pick up, prob due to lower RPM. but thats not impt since luxury cars are meant to drive with aircon ON most of the time...

xcapade said:
hey hymics
my dad is rather bz ATM, plus he is going overseas for a few days. so no time to go down n :shoot: those useless guys at PML.
tink i'll personally go down with him so we can double :shoot: them
heheh :thumbsup:

Really silly of me but I got an E60. I am now also facing problems with squeaks and creaks. And the Navigation? They say its coming ..... but when? This will definitely be my last . I've had enough of PML.

I really HATE their service attitude. We buy from the distributor and expect good aftersales service. However, we all know they have failed in this aspect - badly. I would rather buy from TTS should my craving for a new BMW ever surface again. I will enjoy some savings which I can use for paying an outsider who will perform a much better job than PML itself.

It is well known that the earlier E65 cars ( 2002 -2003 ) are rather problematic as far as their electronic control systems are concerned.

I have a 2004 E65 730i. My only complaint is that the remote control for locking the doors is just not sensitive enough. Have to go very near the car and point at the rear windscreen b4 the thing works. PML can't do anything about that despite me creating a ruckus there. Look, the much cheaper Taiwan or Jap remotes can unlock a car at groundfloor from a 10th storey apartment!

Otherwise, I have no problem. Smooth as silk.

yky said:
It is well known that the earlier E65 cars ( 2002 -2003 ) are rather problematic as far as their electronic control systems are concerned.

I have a 2004 E65 730i. My only complaint is that the remote control for locking the doors is just not sensitive enough. Have to go very near the car and point at the rear windscreen b4 the thing works. PML can't do anything about that despite me creating a ruckus there. Look, the much cheaper Taiwan or Jap remotes can unlock a car at groundfloor from a 10th storey apartment!

Otherwise, I have no problem. Smooth as silk.

Hi yky,

U are nt alone on the insensitive of the key.. I have the same problem.. Use to it liao... :verysad:

by the way, never see u in any of the mth end meetup?? any mods on yr E65?? care to share?? :thumbsup:

No, have not been ( don't dare ) to any meet-ups. Old fella like me will feel archaic and out of place in the presence of all the young ( and young at heart ) men there in their mean and aggresive machines.

For the 7, I had a drop in reusable air filter ( can't remember name but not K&N. Bought it at the motorshow last Nov ), installed underdrive pulleys ( a bit of increase in low end ) and had Obit piggybacked onto my stock ECU ( now THIS really gives real life, perceptable increase in performance ).

Don't know whether all those air injection devices line Ecotek aand E68 would be worthwhile or not...thinking about it..

Hymics said:
Hi yky,

U are nt alone on the insensitive of the key.. I have the same problem.. Use to it liao... :verysad:

by the way, never see u in any of the mth end meetup?? any mods on yr E65?? care to share?? :thumbsup:

i read on another forum that pointing the key towards your head somehow increases the range... :whattheh: never tried it myself but if u're desperate...

yky said:
No, have not been ( don't dare ) to any meet-ups. Old fella like me will feel archaic and out of place in the presence of all the young ( and young at heart ) men there in their mean and aggresive machines.

For the 7, I had a drop in reusable air filter ( can't remember name but not K&N. Bought it at the motorshow last Nov ), installed underdrive pulleys ( a bit of increase in low end ) and had Obit piggybacked onto my stock ECU ( now THIS really gives real life, perceptable increase in performance ).

Don't know whether all those air injection devices line Ecotek aand E68 would be worthwhile or not...thinking about it..

I am nt young too but lucky got baby face..hahahaha..
We are the ones that make them look young lah!! So hope u can join us in one of the meetup cos I lonely leh.. very seldom see E65 ard.. So far only seen one.. 6600 (Sam).

I tink K&N nt yet have air filter for 7er... yours must be brand "green" or something? waiting for mine to arrive too.. Any diff aft installing??

Same here... Orbit and pulley I did.. Good stuffs i hv to agree...

I done up 2 ecotek in my ride... still monitoring the diff. Shall share soon.

See u ya! Cheers!

So u are the one that did your 7 ( 730?? ) at BVO in December...one with the 20 inch rims are you? How would you describe your Obit experience?
By the way, do you know when ( if at all ) would PML comes out with the new DVD based Nav CD. The old one rather outdated already. Many roads not inside. Do we need to buy it or exchange 1 for 1?
No. I don't expect much improvement as far as air filter is concerned.

yky said:

I think most BMWs have to go near for the OEM remote to activate the central lock :roll:

yky said:
So u are the one that did your 7 ( 730?? ) at BVO in December...one with the 20 inch rims are you? How would you describe your Obit experience?
By the way, do you know when ( if at all ) would PML comes out with the new DVD based Nav CD. The old one rather outdated already. Many roads not inside. Do we need to buy it or exchange 1 for 1?
No. I don't expect much improvement as far as air filter is concerned.

yep bro.. shld be me.. 2nd retune on my obit by bernard was great!! Without obit, when reaching 3000rpm, always have a few seconds idling before reaching 4000rpm.. Now with the re-tune, very smooth. Like u mentioned...."perceptible increase in performance"..

Not sure abt the new DVD.. I am gg down to PML next week.. let me check.

I have had no problems with my previous E36 and E46 as far as the sensitivity of the remotes are concerned.

However, I followed what Louis suggested and put ( not point ) the remote key fob of my car ( 7 ) onto my head and press..and guess what, it works everytime. The car doors unlock even from 30 metres. Tried it at the same distance without the 'head' maneuvre and though I may be pointing the remote straight at the car, the doors remain locked.

Guess the head acts as an amplifier or antenna huh...don't know what the radio waves may do to the brain though.

Louis

Yes. I know sounds and look funny. But well, it works. Must do it discretely ;) .Thanks for the info anyway.

Hymics,

For the first 2 days after the Obit, there was good low end perkiness and quicker revs from standstill. However, after 2 days, the low end seems to have reverted back to 'original' performance.
Above 2500 rpm, performance improvement still very good though. Do you have the same problem ( that's why u went back for 2nd retune by Bernard? ). Is it possible that the factory ECU has adapted ( and refused to be fooled by the Obit anymore ) in the close loop mode or am I imagining, after getting used to the power?
Anyone's opinions would be much appreciated.

yky said:
I have had no problems with my previous E36 and E46 as far as the sensitivity of the remotes are concerned.

However, I followed what Louis suggested and put ( not point ) the remote key fob of my car ( 7 ) onto my head and press..and guess what, it works everytime. The car doors unlock even from 30 metres. Tried it at the same distance without the 'head' maneuvre and though I may be pointing the remote straight at the car, the doors remain locked.

Guess the head acts as an amplifier or antenna huh...don't know what the radio waves may do to the brain though.

:shock: I thought that was a 'joke' post sometime back..... feel like trying now :lol:

I did tried on metal structures (like railings) that 'helped' to transmit further on other car years back.

Re: 7 series problems

yky said:

Hmm...could be your Neurons acting as an antenna....Liddat can receive cable anot :D

Also, try doing fMRI while having the key strapped on head...maybe makes u smarter

Re: 7 series problems

ryan said:
Speaking from experience?

yeap. long story short, passenger's side door handle was wrinkling up and i went to pml and they got it changed noting that it was manufacturer's defect. few months later same thing happened to the driver's side and they say it "may be my fault and thus not under warrenty".

what kind of crap is that.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vnlotocredit

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back