3.0 lt, 523i, F10 experience

wisetooth8

Hi All, I'm new here,
I got my 523i a year ago. it is one of the rare 3.0 litre engine models has in SG with stock M package(including seats), digital dash and sunroof. 2011 model
Anyone experience with it? any reviews?

My car has clocked just over 200k KMS. very smooth and stable FC of 9kmpl. So far no issues, except the coolant low and headlight aim errors.
Is it worth renewing the COE?

Hi All, I'm new here,
I got my 523i a year ago. it is one of the rare 3.0 litre engine models has in SG with stock M package(including seats), digital dash and sunroof. 2011 model

My car has clocked just over 200k KMS. very smooth and stable FC of 9kmpl. So far no issues, except the coolant low and headlight aim errors.

if the car is all good no reason not to renew it ( hope for a low COE during this period )

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

I’m also considering renewing my 2011 3.0 535i. I feel that strawberry 3 litre bmw will start to get less and less common in a few years so it’s a good candidate to renew.
I plan to spend a few K to do up all the mechanical wear and tear in my car to bring it to tip top condition and renew maybe around next month or august.

I'll consider the following whether to renew COE:

1) Am I ready to forgo the PARF (that will add into the depreciation next 10 years)
2) Road Tax will increase 10% every year until max 50% (consider for 3L capacity car is quite a lot)
3) Lets say you renew 10 years COE but drive for only another 5 years then scrap (though you will get back half COE), your depreciation may add up to be not far from buying brand new car.
4) Getting the Insurance is another tricky part. Most will give you 3rd party only, unless pay more.
5) Consider that high maintenance coming along especially for German car.

Hi All, I'm new here,

There is 523i 3l??I thought it is 2.5l?

1) Am I ready to forgo the PARF (that will add into the depreciation next 10 years)
2) Road Tax will increase 10% every year until max 50% (consider for 3L capacity car is quite a lot)
3) Lets say you renew 10 years COE but drive for only another 5 years then scrap (though you will get back half COE), your depreciation may add up to be not far from buying brand new car.
4) Getting the Insurance is another tricky part. Most will give you 3rd party only, unless pay more.

Thank you Viper Warrior.
good points for considering before COE renewal.

Thanx
Will re-evaluate my options and do the calculations again before i decide .

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daoquangminh

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back