116d reliability ?

taztanmu

Hi All,

Currently we are planning to book one 116d and would like to check what are the common issue encounter eg Gear box issue ? is it more reliable than Mercedes A class ?

Thks
desmond

IMHO, BMW isn't really built for reliability, so the merc is probably better at that. But BM is definitely the best in terms of driving pleasure and feel.

what are the common issues to look out for BMW? My current ride is a TT but COE is due in 2 months.. Thinking of moving to BMW as drive handling is very important to me

Alfa is like stout,minority of drinkers like it but for those who like it will really LOVE it.BMW is more like beer,most drinkers will love it.As for japanese cars,it is like plain water,everyone like it cause it is easy to drink/drive but no taste/driving pleasure for people who are driving enthusiast.Finally if you want to save money on repair and are those normal drivers without demand,go for the Japanese car.For me ,I will not go for Japanese cars.Reason very simple,because i dont support the Japanese due to WWII issue which we should not forget because till now they never admit and apologise and twist their history..If I am not rich enough I will go for Korean cars or other not so popular European cars.If I am richer i will go for popular European cars.

Hi All,

Currently we are planning to book one 116d and would like to check what are the common issue encounter eg Gear box issue ? is it more reliable than Mercedes A class ?

Thks
desmond
Had a 116D then upgraded to 216D a year later due to family needs. Great reliability so far and did 20K on both cars without any issue. Maybe that mileage is still low for consideration about reliability factor but what I did do was drive it to KL whenever I was there for business and not only did it return great mileage but ImO, help clear the DPF so the car is always smooth to drive.
Hope this helps with your purchase decision.

Sheer Driving Pleasure Rocks.....

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abc8vin

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups