Search results

  1. Y

    RE: Throttle Body Device

    Re: Throttle Body Device I am one person that feels that the sprintbooster is still the best mod I've ever done. Affordable and effective. I have no problem with erratic behaviour or buckling ride now. Just needs feathering of the throttle pedal. Brisk acceleration is available on demand...
  2. Y

    Aerosol tyre repair kits-do they work?

    Re: Aerosol tyre repair kits-do they work? Yes, i heard about the Airman kit. However, the cost of the spray type is less then $20 I think, compared to the much costlier Airman kit. Wonder if both are as effective. The other issue is that since these kits ( Airman and sprays ) contain...
  3. Y

    Aerosol tyre repair kits-do they work?

    There are these emergency tyre repair sprays in an aerosol can, used to inflate and mend flat tyre, so as to allow one to limp to the nearest repair shop. Has anyone gotten the chance to use one? If they work as advertised, then does anyone think that having a can in the car would obviate the...
  4. Y

    Anyone tried new EZ-Stab?

    Re: Anyone tried new EZ-Stab? I've installed into my 730i. The hifi sounds much cleaner and crisp Bass sounds deeper and tone separation was more distinct. Hight end pull was better and revs rise faster. There seems to be some improvement in low end pull, but I'm not very sure...
  5. Y

    How much does aircon affect performance?

    Does anyone know by how much %tage does the aircon compressor saps up engine power and affect car's performance? Does BMW cars come with the function that automatically cuts off the compressor clutch when the engine is under load, eg. during acceleration ( like the simple vaccuum triggered...
  6. Y

    Worn Out Brake Pads Warning Light

    Re: Worn Out Brake Pads Warning Light Any idea whether any low dust pads available for BMWs? I was asking for Mintex low dust pads when I changed my rear brake pads but was told that these were not available locally for my car ( E65 ).
  7. Y

    Clattering sound at rear door

    Re: Clattering sound at rear door Much had been written about creaks and clacks from the interior of all BM models. I gave up trying to fix mine long ago. PML is not really bothered. They just changed some seals and do some friction taping of the doors and that's about it. Sounds will return...
  8. Y

    Aircon Compressor: what is its lifetime?

    Re: Aircon Compressor: what is its lifetime? I just changed my compressor under warranty after 1.5 years. It still blew cool air but was making noise ( whinning ). Mine is a E65.
  9. Y

    Camshaft M54 Engines

    Re: Camshaft M54 Engines Would you expect to loss low end torque?
  10. Y

    Will updated GPS map fit car?

    Re: Will updated GPS map fit car? I would love to except that the disc costs about $1500... I am also unable to get a 'loaner' from anyone, even the nice PML salesgirl who sold me my car a couple of years ago.
  11. Y

    Will updated GPS map fit car?

    Does anyone know whether the updated ( 2005 ) Singapore digital map ( is it CD or DVD ? ) in the facelifted 7 series' GPS can be used in the pre facelift E65 model as well? PML was not able to give me an answer. Thanks in advance.
  12. Y

    RE: Throttle Body Device

    Re: Throttle Body Device Ok thanks. Will call Bernard.
  13. Y

    Anyone tried new EZ-Stab?

    Re: Anyone tried new EZ-Stab? Fitted the Z-stab ( black box, not red ) into my car two days ago. Initial feel was that the engine feels smoother and appears to accelerate abit faster at low end. However, this is difficult to really confirm as the rabid nature of the car brought on by the...
  14. Y

    RE: Throttle Body Device

    Re: Throttle Body Device Hi Wilman, Is this device available for Japanese cars? My friends want to fit one into their Toyota WISH and Honda Odessey.
  15. Y

    loud squeek from engine timing belt

    Re: loud squeek from engine timing belt Do you mean one of the external rubber fan belts driving the different pulleys rather then the 'timing belt' ? What u described sounds like a slipping belt. The timing chain ( not belt ) is hidden inside the engine and I doubt you can really localise...
  16. Y

    RE: Throttle Body Device

    Re: Throttle Body Device Any idea whether they have any of these boosters that would fit into other makes of Continental or Japanese cars? A couple of my Toyota and Honda friends are interested.
  17. Y

    RE: Throttle Body Device

    Re: Throttle Body Device I don't think that it is tunable as the box looked sealed. Perhaps the manufacturers can incorporate this feature in future versions .
  18. Y

    RE: Throttle Body Device

    Re: Throttle Body Device One thing though, the throttle response may be too abrupt or jerky for some pple as the car actually leaps forwards ( and mine is a 1950kg car ) with very little throttle pressure. I like it but some may not.
  19. Y

    RE: Throttle Body Device

    Re: Throttle Body Device As I said...very happy with it. Worth every cent. A friend of mine, a E60 525i owner just got his fitted this morning. Now he can't stop praising it. Regrets...don't know until I have it long enough to check the FC. That is the only potential downside I guess.
  20. Y

    RE: Throttle Body Device

    Re: Throttle Body Device Thanks Yendor for the explanation. Seems to be a simple enough gadget. Basically a potentiometer!! Wonder how come it took mod manufacturers so long to come up with this so simple but impressive product. Even though it does not really increase the car's bhp and...
Back
Top