Zapped by Mobile Camera

SL2

Legendary 10 Years
Re: Zapped by Mobile Camera

kozmoschwarz said:
I was zapped by a mobile speed trap along Ganges road today at 1030hrs going 82km/h. The speed limit on this road is 60km/h. :bullshit:

How much will the fine be and how many demerit pts?

Should be S$150 and 6 points.

Hi,

you can make your way to appeal.

I did that last week and based on 0 record for the last 5 years,

reduction to 130 fine and 4 points :verysad:

I was zapped by a mobile speed trap along Ganges road today at 1030hrs going 82km/h. The speed limit on this road is 60km/h.

How much will the fine be and how many demerit pts?

For the benefit of the rest of us, could you provide more details about the mobile speeed trap?

Is it the new one digital ones manned by TP? My friend kenna on Dairy Farm Road going 90+km/h that was 40 over. He got $800 fine and 12 points had to go to court somemore.

He quite siao one. Drive his Nissan Sunny like it's an Evo 8. Terror driver... not in a good way.

these police always say they set the speed limit for safety reasons. on some housing estate and school roads, perfectly understandable. but on long and wide roads... 50-60kmh? madness

actually they are secretly happy that we drivers are doing usually about 20-40kmh faster than the limit.

just imagine.... if EVERYONE drive exactly at the limit on every road and expressway, how many millions, or billions of dollars is the govt going to spend to widen the roads, smoothen the bends, sacrifice our precious land meant for housing, just to ease the ensuing jams?

Just take a look at the scenario of road hogging taxis driving on exactly the speed limit on all 3 lanes of the expressway. See the massive jam behind the 3 stooges..... now imagine the whole of singapore driving at that speed.

we make the roads smoother, the ave speed faster, PAP save billions of dollars, and thank us by fining us.

Appeal to TP in writing - usually works...

:)

jaskin said:
Is it the new one digital ones manned by TP? My friend kenna on Dairy Farm Road going 90+km/h that was 40 over. He got $800 fine and 12 points had to go to court somemore.

Hi ! Jaskin.

When you mentioned your friend kenna on Dairy Farm Road. It is the road that Link Bt Timah and BKE ?

I use to speed about 100KM along this road :errr:

I better be careful next time :laughlik:

Racebred said:
these police always say they set the speed limit for safety reasons. on some housing estate and school roads, perfectly understandable. but on long and wide roads... 50-60kmh? madness

actually they are secretly happy that we drivers are doing usually about 20-40kmh faster than the limit.

just imagine.... if EVERYONE drive exactly at the limit on every road and expressway, how many millions, or billions of dollars is the govt going to spend to widen the roads, smoothen the bends, sacrifice our precious land meant for housing, just to ease the ensuing jams?

Just take a look at the scenario of road hogging taxis driving on exactly the speed limit on all 3 lanes of the expressway. See the massive jam behind the 3 stooges..... now imagine the whole of singapore driving at that speed.

we make the roads smoother, the ave speed faster, PAP save billions of dollars, and thank us by fining us.

Totally agree with you... now only if they were more like minded people out there...

Now they stalk you from overhead bridge...

Time: 10AM Oct 4 2004 Today!
Location: Overhead bridge near Japanese Assoc, Adam road towards Farrer road.

Two men in blue, have tripod set up.. looking like Mediacork shooting TV series away. I can see they were in their joyful mood and all smile.

A copper color Toyota Vios flashing his lights warning on oncoming cars. Good samaritan!?

I have been very careful along this stretch, kena once before 2 year ago!
Also spotted a week ago, Lornie road toward upper thomson, overhead bridge near the reservoir!

All the horsepower... what can we do we it now? Sigh!

Yeah.....my neighbour was caught too that way somewhere along the AYE.....DAMM POLICE BOYS!! :furious:

kozmoschwarz said:
Does anyone know the type (brand) of mobile camera TP is using?

Huh? Bro, why you want to know? keke..This type of camera not for scenic photos lei.. :laughlik:

i just got pulled over by TP biker a week ago... was goin 123kmh on a 80kmh ECP bridge!!! aaarrgghh!!!
got slapped with 12points on the spot... aaaarrrrrrgggghhh!!!!
can someone tell me wahts in store for me???
- how long does my 12 points last?
- does it start from the day of my offence and expire 12months later?
- how many points does one get a year?
- is it true that if i go offence free for 12 months i start on a clean slate, but if i commit another offence with points in the next 1 year, it'll stretch for 2 years before i can start on a clean slate?

aaggghhhh.. damn swayyyy sial... just got my Z for only 1 week somemore, further more i have not even run the car in yet.... imagine what might have happen if i had ran it in...

I think they are prowling again been seeing alot of TP Bikers on the PIE in the mornings.

They are all over the place these past few months........morning, noon and night. Looks like the garment needs more money after giving out all those baby bonus.

Racebred said:

Do you think we can organise a 'drive at the speedlimit' day?

If we spread the word across all the spore car forums and perhaps even get some press coverage and see the effect it has on our traffic conditions?

That it may encourage the LTA to relook at some of the speed limits on some of our roads?

BorisRS said:
Racebred said:

Do you think we can organise a 'drive at the speedlimit' day? If we spread the word across all the spore car forums and perhaps even get some press coverage that it would encourage the LTA to relook at some of the speed limits on some of our roads?
Sounds like a good idea Les.....Ok....you can be the IC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hema
Back