Z4 E89: First mods/options (to be) considered? All welcome...

Re: Z4 E89: First mods/options (to be) considered? All welcome...

jonwbng;505465 said:
Besides the Reinhold Module, have any bros here looked at the or have installed the "smartTOP Roof Top Control for Z4 (e89) Roadster" from EAS?

Seems more user friendly compared to Reinhold Module for E89?

Link to product as below:

eas - 714.369.8524 | smartTOP Roof Top Control for Z4 (e89) Roadster

Sounds Good Man......................

cheers

Hi Jonwbng

Have just ordered frpm EAS :yummie:

But the shipping fee quite ex, USD100 dollars. Anyway, will update u again once i receive the shippment :smack:

jonwbng;505465 said:
Besides the Reinhold Module, have any bros here looked at the or have installed the "smartTOP Roof Top Control for Z4 (e89) Roadster" from EAS?

Seems more user friendly compared to Reinhold Module for E89?

Link to product as below:

eas - 714.369.8524 | smartTOP Roof Top Control for Z4 (e89) Roadster

LongMao;505508 said:
Hi Jonwbng

Have just ordered frpm EAS :yummie:

But the shipping fee quite ex, USD100 dollars. Anyway, will update u again once i receive the shippment :smack:

Hi LongMao,

Wah, u very fast off the mark! But your shipping charges are very high. Pls see reply below I got from EAS after I email them yesterday.

"Thank you for your email. The smartTop modules are manufactured here in the US. We do not have a distributor in Singapore, but we do ship all over the world.
Warranty is 1 year with a 30 day return policy. The warranty extends no matter where your location is.
We have sold thousands of units all over the globe to satisfied customers.
We can provide cheaper shipping rates via USPS. Just mention “USPS shipping per steve@eas” and we can ship USPS for about $36-$40 USD. We will refund the shipping difference from UPS shipping.
Let me know if you have anymore questions."

Maybe you might be able to re-nego your shipping charges?

I was actually thinking maybe if the rest of the bros here could be interested in this product, we might do a bulk order? Might be possible to nego some discounts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Jonwbng

Haha, thinking of getting a x'mas present for myself ma. so get it over and done with.

Anyway, thanks for your forwarded reply from them. Will email them straight away!!

Cos I paid ard USD100 for their UPS shipping!!

jonwbng;505519 said:
Hi LongMao,

Wah, u very fast off the mark! But your shipping charges are very high. Pls see reply below I got from EAS after I email them yesterday.

"Thank you for your email. The smartTop modules are manufactured here in the US. We do not have a distributor in Singapore, but we do ship all over the world.
Warranty is 1 year with a 30 day return policy. The warranty extends no matter where your location is.
We have sold thousands of units all over the globe to satisfied customers.
We can provide cheaper shipping rates via USPS. Just mention “USPS shipping per steve@eas” and we can ship USPS for about $36-$40 USD. We will refund the shipping difference from UPS shipping.
Let me know if you have anymore questions."

Maybe you might be able to re-nego your shipping charges?

I was actually thinking maybe if the rest of the bros here could be interested in this product, we might do a bulk order? Might be possible to nego some discounts?

LongMao;505639 said:
Hi Jonwbng

Haha, thinking of getting a x'mas present for myself ma. so get it over and done with.

Anyway, thanks for your forwarded reply from them. Will email them straight away!!

Cos I paid ard USD100 for their UPS shipping!!

Ok. Let us know how it works after you had installed in? Yeah, think UPS should be more ex than USPS.

Cheers.

boxSer;502040 said:
it appears so. check out their website. there's a module for E89.

- Reinhold Engineering -

Yes, I have installed it (myself). Works as advertised! Probably about a 30-45min job depending on your electrical/mechanical adeptness.

Hi Guys,

Anyone got their rides lowered yet? BBK upgrades?

I'm considering lowering springs vs full kit, disc replacement vs full BBK's.

dlimited;505980 said:
Hi Guys,

Anyone got their rides lowered yet? BBK upgrades?

I'm considering lowering springs vs full kit, disc replacement vs full BBK's.

Hi dlimited,

Dun go for lowering spring as it might make your ride abit bumpy, go for coilover better (KW v3)

what's your ride? s35i?

BBK i think not out yet for E89............

PM me your number.......

cheers

Today, I almost vomit blood! :mad:

My delivery is finally here, but I was not at home! The Ups guy asked my maid to pay the GST which Ups has paid for me upon delivering my present. I didnt know I need to pay the GST at all :errmm::errr:

Being a maid, she said she dun have any money, and to my surprise, the Ups guy refused to deliver the goods to her and said they will be back on this sat and ask her to get ready for the payment. :twisted:

Being 1st time making purchase over the internet, it gave me quite a Bad experience!!

Just wonder is it a must be pay GST upon ordering from oversea?

Think I got to wait till this Sat........ :shakehea:

jonwbng;505641 said:
Ok. Let us know how it works after you had installed in? Yeah, think UPS should be more ex than USPS.

Cheers.

Relax LongMao,

Happy New Year ALL!

UPS will charge u GST because it's they have to pay GST for the items that they brought in (i.e. imported) for u.

Nothing to do with the overseas vendor. Its our government's (customs & excise dept) tax requirements.

I am not sure of the value but once the value of the items u buy (i.e. import or bring in) from overseas exceeds a certain value, the customs & excise dept WILL charge GST.

& the GST will be 7% of the value of the item + the costs of bringing it into S'pore (UPS charges) (i.e. the total costs of the item landed in S'pore, delivered to u).

Sometimes people siam GST by not declaring or under-declaring but big companies like UPS, Fed-Ex will never do such things. They will declare the exact invoice value, pay the GST & then bill u for it.

Hopes this clears the air for u.

Happy installing & let us knows how it works?

Cheers.

LongMao;506972 said:
Today, I almost vomit blood! :mad:

My delivery is finally here, but I was not at home! The Ups guy asked my maid to pay the GST which Ups has paid for me upon delivering my present. I didnt know I need to pay the GST at all :errmm::errr:

Being a maid, she said she dun have any money, and to my surprise, the Ups guy refused to deliver the goods to her and said they will be back on this sat and ask her to get ready for the payment. :twisted:

Being 1st time making purchase over the internet, it gave me quite a Bad experience!!

Just wonder is it a must be pay GST upon ordering from oversea?

Think I got to wait till this Sat........ :shakehea:

I just ordered my staggered rims yesterday for my Z4 23i coming in mid Jan, front 19" 235, back 19" 265.

M getting bewildered by the tyre options, from Micheline, Continental, to Goodyear, Yokohamas, Toyo, Falkens ......

Can the more experienced members here help?

The tyre shop I went to suggested directional tyres because they can be fliped & rotated right to left because my rims are staggered so can't do the normal tyre rotation? But aren't directional tyres very noisy?

I am trying look find a tyre option that's not too noisy and does not tear too big of a hole in my wallet so can leave some $$$ for other mods..... :thinking:

Any suggestion guys? Models? Price range?

Thanks.....

hi Jonwbng, congras on your new car. im running on the same staggered setup size as you. The run flats that come with the car are actually pretty quiet (imho)
Since you got new rims on the way and looking for rubber, I suggest you might wanna trade in the stock rims+runflats, which are worth quite a bit.

Some of the recommended tires in the forums includes goodyear F1, michelin PS2s. I got michelin PS2 in your size configuration for just over $2k. Hope this helps!

jonwbng;507025 said:
I just ordered my staggered rims yesterday for my Z4 23i coming in mid Jan, front 19" 235, back 19" 265.

M getting bewildered by the tyre options, from Micheline, Continental, to Goodyear, Yokohamas, Toyo, Falkens ......

Can the more experienced members here help?

The tyre shop I went to suggested directional tyres because they can be fliped & rotated right to left because my rims are staggered so can't do the normal tyre rotation? But aren't directional tyres very noisy?

I am trying look find a tyre option that's not too noisy and does not tear too big of a hole in my wallet so can leave some $$$ for other mods..... :thinking:

Any suggestion guys? Models? Price range?

Thanks.....
both michelin PS2 and goodyear F1 assymetric rank amongst the top. goodyear will cost a fraction of the michelins and was confirmed by several forummers tht the performance is almost equal if not better. trade ur tyres whilst its new. last time i check a 1 day old set of RFT's can be swaped for michelin PS2's for only $200 top up. thats how expensive ur RFT's are.

Thanks All.

I am trading in my original rims & tyres with the tyre shop & they are giving me $1.4K.

1 thing though, I was checking with my tyre shop & the boss told me that for the Goodyear F1 Asy, the 265/30/R19 is not available now, the distributer does not bring in this because the manufacturer price is higher for 265 compared to the 275/30/R19 so people just uses the 275?

Larger but cheaper? Any advise bros?

jonwbng;507487 said:
Thanks All.

I am trading in my original rims & tyres with the tyre shop & they are giving me $1.4K.

1 thing though, I was checking with my tyre shop & the boss told me that for the Goodyear F1 Asy, the 265/30/R19 is not available now, the distributer does not bring in this because the manufacturer price is higher for 265 compared to the 275/30/R19 so people just uses the 275?

Larger but cheaper? Any advise bros?
congrats. thats a good price they r giving u.

265 is a common tyre size. shld be able to get it at most tyre shops. story does not sound very legit to me. would advise against 275 as it is too broad and car will feel quite sluggish out of corners givin that u r also on 19"

Anyone switched from RFTs to normal tyres? Feedback?

Jamez;507588 said:
definitely less bumpy over road imperfections and a much smoother ride. but i do feel that there is a little more sway as non RFT have a softer side wall.

just my 0.02

Jamez;507588 said:

RFT heavy man...........

cheers

Back