Yo everyone, excited about driving a beemer

dennistkw

Hi all

This is a great site! so much to read and learn, realise that I don't know nuts about cars at all.. hahha

Collecting new F10 at end of the year, looking out for changing the stock rims to 19" or 20". But so far what I see is a BIG cost barrier for 19" / 20" run flat tyres, especially if I get from PML.

Any bros / sistas out there can share how best to do this, where to get affordable run flats. PML quoted 5.5k for set of 20" run flats. Does this sound right?

Looking forward to talking to you guys!

Great weekend ahead, cheers!

Re: Yo everyone, excited about driving a beemer

dennistkw;592617 said:
Hi all

This is a great site! so much to read and learn, realise that I don't know nuts about cars at all.. hahha

Collecting new F10 at end of the year, looking out for changing the stock rims to 19" or 20". But so far what I see is a BIG cost barrier for 19" / 20" run flat tyres, especially if I get from PML.

Any bros / sistas out there can share how best to do this, where to get affordable run flats. PML quoted 5.5k for set of 20" run flats. Does this sound right?

Looking forward to talking to you guys!

Great weekend ahead, cheers!

Hi Dennis

Congrats and welcome onboard.....
go for 20ins....

cheers

would love to go for 20" as well... but the cost of the tyres just sound too much to handle... suppose 20s will require replacement more frequently as well? need to find affordable run flats first before I dare to take the leap...

dennistkw;592620 said:
would love to go for 20" as well... but the cost of the tyres just sound too much to handle... suppose 20s will require replacement more frequently as well? need to find affordable run flats first before I dare to take the leap...

Hi Dennis,

if you frequent NSH then RFT is good but in sg no worries...............as F10 is big so 19ins will look er...................so 20ins is the way to go......

Happy shopping
cheers

Hi Dennis,

Welcome.

No need RFTs.... Keep an Airman tyre repair kit in your car.

Hi Dennis.....

Go for 20" and you won't regret ...

Welcome to the 20" club

hahhaa thanks people... well, the people have spoken, 20" it is....

but is the airman repair kit good enough for travel to Malaysia? First time hearing about this repair kit. Not much NSH, but do have to do some visiting in JB over the new year...

dennistkw;592725 said:
hahhaa thanks people... well, the people have spoken, 20" it is....

but is the airman repair kit good enough for travel to Malaysia? First time hearing about this repair kit. Not much NSH, but do have to do some visiting in JB over the new year...

Hi Dennis,

JB, no worries..............if you worried then put 4x airman in the boot.

cheers

how much is this airman kit? and where can i get them?

thanks for being patient with newbie me... greatly appreciated!

dennistkw;592733 said:
how much is this airman kit? and where can i get them?

thanks for being patient with newbie me... greatly appreciated!

Airman is about $150, get from Juzz for Cars... check sponsors folder for contact...:thumbsup:

Back