• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

WTS: BMW 525i Highline Spec with Active Steering & Navigation

vickar

I am upgrading to a 335 Cabriolet and need to sell my 525 Highline.

Details of the car as follows:
Vehicle Model: BMW 525i Highline
Registration Date: 17 April 2008
OMV: $ 62,105
COE: $19,001
Selling at: $165,000 (Negotiable)
External Color: Space Grey
Interior Color: Beige
Transmission: Automatic (6 Speed)

Additional Options:
1. Active Steering
2. Navigation System

Condition of the car is immaculate with about 10k on the odometer. The car is always parked under shelter.

Don't miss out on this opportunity to own a 525 with Active Steering & Navigation, as 525s sold in PML no longer have these options specd in the car.

Please contact me if you are interested:
Victor Chin
Tel: 9791-2171

Re: WTS: BMW 525i Highline Spec with Active Steering & Navigation

hi, juz curious ..did u managed to get any offers? I am also considering selling my 325 cabrio April 2008, highline ...also thinking of upgrading to 335 cabrio with DCT ...but, mkt is terrible now!

I lost loads on my E60 when I decided to upgrade to 335 cabrio too. But the deal from the PI on the new car helped to sweeten the misery somewhat. They even managed to find me a consignment sale on old car at what could be considered a 'market plus' price. PM me if you want more details.

Hi,

I am willing to let the car go for $158k, and forgot to mention that it comes with 18" rims.

Any takers?

Victor
Tel: 9791-2171

BMW premium selection (used car) got cold feet even with a sgd35-40k depreciation for my E93 325 high specs cabrio ...asked that I try to sell the car myself ...Mkt for used car is terrible almost non existence now ...Markus, yr 335 cabrio damn swee ah ...Did u ordered with original M-sports package? if so, how much extra did u have to pay ...Maybe I have to wait ..I am in the finance industry and this is gonna be the worst year I can possible think of to change car ....

Hi Platinum,
The way I rationalised things was - you buy cheap gotta sell cheap too. My cab is awaiting clearance from LTA and comes with M suspension but stock bodykit. Thinking of getting the Hamann bodykit from KBS.
PM in any case if you want to consider upgrading and I'll hook you up with the PI.

Hi,

My BMW 525 Highline will most likely be sold to dealers very soon as my 335 cabriolet has arrived. Any takers, before it goes to the dealers? Please check out my ad in sgcarmart: Used BMW 525I XL Car for Sale from Singapore, - sgCarMart
The Price is very Negotiable !!!

I have read of many bmw.sg posts discussions on whether to purchase the 525s from parallel importers as it is so much cheaper and comparing price only on new 525s from PML with used 525s (including Highlines) without realizing that it is not really an apple to apple comparison. The present 525s from PML is really like the previous 523s (which is presently discontinued). In the past, there were 520s, 523s, 525s & 530s. Now, there are only 520, 525s & 530s available at PML. The 525s were replaced by the 523s, and it is really a very basic car.

I would like to share my views so that potential Buyers will have a clearer picture in making the right choice in their purchase; and hopefully, someone out there may consider purchasing my 525 Highline before it goes to the dealers.

The 525 (or any new BMW models for that matter) has many control units linked thru a bus system consisting of numerous controller area networks, including one using fibreoptics. In the event that there is a fault in the system, only the authorized dealer would have the proper capability and technical support from BMW to carry out the necessary diagnostics, coding, programming or upgrade of software. Parallel Importers will not likely able to provide this and will most likely resort to 3rd party equipment & software that may create more aftersales problems later on. This is a point to consider if you don’t want aftersales headaches & spending additional $$$ later on. In addition, there may be some features (such as radio, navigation, etc …), depending on where the PI BMW came from, that may not work in Singapore, as parallel import BMWs are not tailored for Singapore use.

This 525 Highline that I am selling is equipped with Active Steering and Navigation. As it is, the 5 series is a very comfortable and enjoyable car to drive. But, with the active steering, driving and parking is a breeze with so much less fatigue to the driver. You need to experience it in order to appreciate it. And once you appreciate it, you would not want to drive a car without it.

As for the Navigation, although there is room for improvement in the map which is a temporary setback that can be improved thru map updates, it is very different from the portable navigation sets that are offered in the market, such as Garmin, Tibo, etc… for a couple of hundred dollars. The BMW Navigation is linked to the car computer and will always be able to pinpoint the present location even with lost satellite reception as when going thru tunnels and city with many high rise buildings. Also, it is more presentable with the map in the car display screen rather than having a portable GPS suction mounted on the windshield.

The views provided above are for sharing purpose and the hope of selling my 525 to potential Buyers. My apologies if it had offended anyone.

Best Regards,
Victor

vickar;415211 said:
Hi,

My BMW 525 Highline will most likely be sold to dealers very soon as my 335 cabriolet has arrived. Any takers, before it goes to the dealers? Please check out my ad in sgcarmart: Used BMW 525I XL Car for Sale from Singapore, - sgCarMart
The Price is very Negotiable !!!

I have read of many bmw.sg posts discussions on whether to purchase the 525s from parallel importers as it is so much cheaper and comparing price only on new 525s from PML with used 525s (including Highlines) without realizing that it is not really an apple to apple comparison. The present 525s from PML is really like the previous 523s (which is presently discontinued). In the past, there were 520s, 523s, 525s & 530s. Now, there are only 520, 525s & 530s available at PML. The 525s were replaced by the 523s, and it is really a very basic car.

I would like to share my views so that potential Buyers will have a clearer picture in making the right choice in their purchase; and hopefully, someone out there may consider purchasing my 525 Highline before it goes to the dealers.

The 525 (or any new BMW models for that matter) has many control units linked thru a bus system consisting of numerous controller area networks, including one using fibreoptics. In the event that there is a fault in the system, only the authorized dealer would have the proper capability and technical support from BMW to carry out the necessary diagnostics, coding, programming or upgrade of software. Parallel Importers will not likely able to provide this and will most likely resort to 3rd party equipment & software that may create more aftersales problems later on. This is a point to consider if you don’t want aftersales headaches & spending additional $$$ later on. In addition, there may be some features (such as radio, navigation, etc …), depending on where the PI BMW came from, that may not work in Singapore, as parallel import BMWs are not tailored for Singapore use.

This 525 Highline that I am selling is equipped with Active Steering and Navigation. As it is, the 5 series is a very comfortable and enjoyable car to drive. But, with the active steering, driving and parking is a breeze with so much less fatigue to the driver. You need to experience it in order to appreciate it. And once you appreciate it, you would not want to drive a car without it.

As for the Navigation, although there is room for improvement in the map which is a temporary setback that can be improved thru map updates, it is very different from the portable navigation sets that are offered in the market, such as Garmin, Tibo, etc… for a couple of hundred dollars. The BMW Navigation is linked to the car computer and will always be able to pinpoint the present location even with lost satellite reception as when going thru tunnels and city with many high rise buildings. Also, it is more presentable with the map in the car display screen rather than having a portable GPS suction mounted on the windshield.

The views provided above are for sharing purpose and the hope of selling my 525 to potential Buyers. My apologies if it had offended anyone.

Best Regards,
Victor
Can't see how the present 525s are equivalent to 523's. Have seen and tested the 525. Comes with the same equipment level and performance. The 523 is just a detuned version of the 525.

Actually i had a PML 7series with loads of problems and no solution from the agent and to resolve at a workshop outside despite being under warranty . Now i drive a PI 7 series with significant savings, No problems. There are many good workshops out there who are even better than PML.

diablo_728;415228 said:
Actually i had a PML 7series with loads of problems and no solution from the agent and to resolve at a workshop outside despite being under warranty . Now i drive a PI 7 series with significant savings, No problems. There are many good workshops out there who are even better than PML.
Would you be able to advise which workshop yr currently using?

I have a feel that NOW (present unbelieveable market) most dealer will take in this car at 10k /yr basis.

I think 06 selling at 9.6k/yr

My friend selling late 06' 525, dealer quote slightly below 7K/yr and say, "very good liao, i never offer paper +5K !!!! " think market really bad :( my friend decided to keep the car

Wat 7k/yr means 100k for this 525i.

I would rather keep it....

Hi,

Is your car still available? What's your best price???? I'm looking for one as now may be a good time to buy!

Cheers!

hi,
does ur car comes with suction door?

jamhoe2;418080 said:
hi,
does ur car comes with suction door?

They call this feature "soft-close". A very nice feature. Unfortunately the current new cars dont come with this.

Soft-close (Suction door) is not spec in this car

JDA6649;418112 said:
They call this feature "soft-close". A very nice feature. Unfortunately the current new cars dont come with this.

eh, but i saw i 525 w/soft close at bukit timah used car dept......:yikess:

Hi is your 525 still available or it has gone to dealer?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawnloh1221
Back