Wish to change SE (PML)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rags

Hi all,

I had a very bad experience dealing with a SE in PML after placing my order for F10. Is there a way out for me?

PML has a very rigid system, once you booked your car with a SE, you have to liaise with that SE for everything even if you are not satisfied with his service.

Please feel free to share your experience with SEs here.

Regards,

Rags

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Wish to change SE (PML)

What did the SE do? My SE was the typical sort that is helpful until you sign on the dotted line and pay initial payment then you never see them again...

camelot88;547537 said:
What did the SE do? My SE was the typical sort that is helpful until you sign on the dotted line and pay initial payment then you never see them again...

Should I say what the SE did not do....Similar to what you describe...I had to approach him for the preview, test drive, delivery update, everything...It's like me selling the car to him..

I mean is the whole auto industry like that? If all SEs behave like that, I have a solution for them...just add more sales people to make it more competitive.

Last edited by a moderator:

camelot88;547537 said:

It seemed to me that you had accepted that all SEs are like that when you used the word "typical". If that is the case, it is so easy to earn a living as a car sales person.

Rags;547543 said:
It seemed to me that you had accepted that all SEs are like that when you used the word "typical". If that is the case, it is so easy to earn a living as a car sales person.

Haha, i meant typical PML salesperson.

Not motivated.

Last week I was at Alexandra road to service my car and I spent a little time observing the SE while waiting for my car. At first I thought it was a stylo thing where they sit back and give us space to look see etc. without being intimidated. But then realised that they were avoiding eye contact with several buyers who were genuinely seeking attention. Very dissapointed with this attitude.

Agree with you that more SE and more competition will improve their service. Life is too good for them right now I think. Just guessing but many might be meeting sales target by mid month or something? Time for an overdue sales target revision....

camelot88;547556 said:
Haha, i meant typical PML salesperson.

Not motivated.

Last week I was at Alexandra road to service my car and I spent a little time observing the SE while waiting for my car. At first I thought it was a stylo thing where they sit back and give us space to look see etc. without being intimidated. But then realised that they were avoiding eye contact with several buyers who were genuinely seeking attention. Very dissapointed with this attitude.

Agree with you that more SE and more competition will improve their service. Life is too good for them right now I think. Just guessing but many might be meeting sales target by mid month or something? Time for an overdue sales target revision....

I wish to contact the management of PML or Sime Darby. Anyone who has connection to them, please send me a private message.

You can easily change your salesperson, just need to send an email to Simon Rock stating your reasons why. Management takes complaints seriously. The thing is, your crappy SE will still get your commission, just that you won't have to talk to him/her anymore. I've complained before (not about my SE cos he is really fantastic) about after sales and PML extended my warranty for an extra year for free.

meekfreek;547578 said:
You can easily change your salesperson, just need to send an email to Simon Rock stating your reasons why. Management takes complaints seriously. The thing is, your crappy SE will still get your commission, just that you won't have to talk to him/her anymore. I've complained before (not about my SE cos he is really fantastic) about after sales and PML extended my warranty for an extra year for free.

But did the after sales service improve?

I've had such gifts thrown at me before as well. To me that is not a solution, just a nice way to tell me to shut up. Not good enough.

No, aftersales did not improve. But at least I got an extra year of free sub-standard servicing! Best aftersales is Lexus. After dropping car in for service they will drive me to work. I sms my SE for booking and he queues the car before I arrive so no waiting time. He will even wait until I come to pick up the car, even if after 7pm. They serve nice breakfast too. Will miss that quality once I go back to PML.:chinese:

meekfreek;547593 said:
No, aftersales did not improve. But at least I got an extra year of free sub-standard servicing! Best aftersales is Lexus. After dropping car in for service they will drive me to work. I sms my SE for booking and he queues the car before I arrive so no waiting time. He will even wait until I come to pick up the car, even if after 7pm. They serve nice breakfast too. Will miss that quality once I go back to PML.:chinese:

Thanks Meekfreek for the advice. I will email to Simon Rock. That SE does not deserve any commission and I will make sure that happen. I am prepared to escalate this matter up to Sime Darby Motors. I have all the evidence in my iphone that show his bad attitude.

That SE not only did not do a good job for me. He even tried to make things difficult for me (trying to be funny with me). To be honest, I treated the SE nicely and with respect all along. He got the deal from me because I called him to make the booking, he did not inform me that F10 was open for booking.

I am also driving a Lexus but I did not get such good service of being driven to work though. Maybe I am driving a small Lexus IS250 that's why. But, I will be keeping my Lexus.

simon left singapore liao, promoted.
new guy taking over - SAY KWEE NENG

PML is fucked up from A-Z.
They are only lucky the brand sells for itself but somehow looks like even that is wearing thin with other makes like Audi performing much better.

satinGHOST|r!der;547787 said:
PML is fucked up from A-Z.
They are only lucky the brand sells for itself but somehow looks like even that is wearing thin with other makes like Audi performing much better.

Perhaps, I should write to BMW AG.

Agree, the brand sell by itself and yet they are giving crappy sales and aftersales services. PML has a nice building without the substance. The team is due for a restructuring.

I like Audi too but cannot find a model that suits me at this moment.

isit really that poor? maybe a few black sheeps only?

wat abt porsche? any bad after sales experience? somehow i don feel audi makes great cars...only R8...maybe future models may improve

premium auto (audi) service not bad. wouldn't say very good, but not bad loh. a lot of filipino girls, like liaison, but service advisors are local or msians.

they give you free taxi ride to anywhere you want to go. but one way only. have to find your own way back to collect your car. i'm driving a q5. not special, so i know this doesn't just apply to the S and RS owners.

Overall PML sucks (they are like blood sucking leeches) but the SE I have is really, really good, so no complaints. He sold me my first BMW when I was only in my mid 20s. He's been with PML for 15 years. Solid guy.

Rags, you can just call the main reception at PML and ask for the email of the CEO. They are obliged to give it to you. You can copy (cc) in BMW Asia on the same email. All the best with your SE change. I hope you will get better service.

My SE is Ian and so far, he is quite on the ball.
Even if i called him to check prices while not really buying, he still entertains...
Pls dun flame me if this is the same one that you have at the moment. Diff expectation so diff satisfaction.

Let me guess, your SE has a little goaty?

I met this SE for the preview. I have to call him 3 times when i was there because he was nowhere to be found and kept our family standing and waiting. I did not book then not only because its pricey with low OMV, but i was given a ridiculars trade-in value for my car (i have already enquired 2 dealer for with no trade-in).

I wont say Laexus has the best service, but at least i was never given that stylo-milo attitudue.

Rags;547824 said:
Perhaps, I should write to BMW AG.

Agree, the brand sell by itself and yet they are giving crappy sales and aftersales services. PML has a nice building without the substance. The team is due for a restructuring.

I like Audi too but cannot find a model that suits me at this moment.

meekfreek;547833 said:
Overall PML sucks (they are like blood sucking leeches) but the SE I have is really, really good, so no complaints. He sold me my first BMW when I was only in my mid 20s. He's been with PML for 15 years. Solid guy.

Rags, you can just call the main reception at PML and ask for the email of the CEO. They are obliged to give it to you. You can copy (cc) in BMW Asia on the same email. All the best with your SE change. I hope you will get better service.

Hi meekfreek, do you mind PM-ing me your SE contact info cuz my family might be looking to get an F10 but don't wanna get assigned to a bad rep :)

H Meek can pm me your SE contact too? Though I am not in a hurry to change new car since my current ride is only 1 year old, I'm impressed that your SE is there for 15 years, which means he is there for the long haul and must be a cut above the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawnloh1221
Back