Will my warranty be voided

Hendrick

I'm looking forward to get my air-intake system and exhaust systems done. Just wondering if my warranty from PML will be voided.

Re: Will my warranty be voided

it will void all the exhaust and air intake related parts.

Yep...acu is right. Only related parts, unless you touch engine and electrics...a totally different ball game then.

if u put vkool....it will void ur windows. n anything inside.

hi, i'm a newbie here and have some queries about warranty issue and to what extend can we tune up our beemers while keeping the warranty.

i'm currently driving a 1yr old 523XL with 190hp and i've heard some workshop telling me they can juice up my car with only few (about 3-5hp) by just fine tuning the DME mapping.

is that all we can do?
and will their settings be reset by PML guys when they plug into the OBD?

Usually ECU mapping is hard to say, cos if not done properly it will just screw up the whole drivability of your car. BTW if ECU tuning is reversible then warranty issues should be easier to settle I guess... IF only 3-5bhp...May I suggest save it...Don't waste your money. To be able to feel alittle power gains you need to add at least 20-30bhp

There is alot more to do if you want more power, its always not enough, depending on what you definition of more is and the depth of your pocket. If you want to go with the tuning..do all the other mods first (e.g. CAI, exhaust, header or even supercharger) leave ECU tuning to the last.
Basically whatever you change your warranty will be void, by then you will ask about legalities instead of warranty.

Depends your relationship with your PML Service manager/mechanic. I asked before, he told me just let them know if you have ECU remapped so they will take note and not reset anything.

Simple...If worry about warranty, don't mod anything.

Jason8822;388808 said:
hi, i'm a newbie here and have some queries about warranty issue and to what extend can we tune up our beemers while keeping the warranty.

i'm currently driving a 1yr old 523XL with 190hp and i've heard some workshop telling me they can juice up my car with only few (about 3-5hp) by just fine tuning the DME mapping.

is that all we can do?
and will their settings be reset by PML guys when they plug into the OBD?

hendrick,

thanks for advise
will probably look for other alternatives after my car reaches 3 yrs

jason

Jason8822;388836 said:
hendrick,

thanks for advise
will probably look for other alternatives after my car reaches 3 yrs

jason

When your car reaches the 3rd year, U'll be itching to change car liao lah!

Just mod it & enjoy the car!

Fxxk the waranty lah!

:lol2:

'The Great White'

wilman,

that's exactly what my other friends told me too.....

but i heard that bmw are notorious for their electronic failure even though i did not have them occuring in mine for this 1 year.

should that happen, i am worried that the service advisor may just push the blame to whatever i've done

jason

Jason8822;388860 said:
wilman,

that's exactly what my other friends told me too.....

but i heard that bmw are notorious for their electronic failure even though i did not have them occuring in mine for this 1 year.

should that happen, i am worried that the service advisor may just push the blame to whatever i've done

jason

jason to each its own. its fine if you think that way cos its your car =) its a valid reason.:)
But if you ask a question like this here be prepared to get influence to mod haha...as most guys here just can't succumb to temptation to mod something! That's why its called the "Dark side" or "Virus"

I started moding after I got my current car for only 2 months....but then I've never driven a stock unmoded car before in my life (this is my 6th), all are "moded" in a one way or other.:) I've never bother about warranty so far none gave me problems.

that's a whole lot of advice.

Anyway, I realised that a lot of the peeps here are talking about GruppeM CAI. But again, living in a place with such hot climax, will it be redundant?

I am looking at the BMC air intake actually... any comments on that? And yes I'll follow up with exhaust as well..

JASON : you thanked the wrong guy lol, it was SILVER who answered your question.

Bro, finish with your CAI and exhaust mods before going for the ECU bit. If you want to take one step futher, go for Unichip. Ask Bro Milky coz he has done quite a handful of our bros bimmers and results sound really tempting.

^
sweet. will y'all be there on the upcoming monthly meetup? I'm new to this forum and has never attended any meetup sessions before. Wld be delighted if some of you can tell me more =)

totoseow;388755 said:
if u put vkool....it will void ur windows. n anything inside.

Your paintwork warranty voided BIG time...

Back