Why are my brakes juddering?

mars69

my front brakes judder whenever i step on them between 80kmh to 60kmh. it only happens in this speed range. feels like when you step the brakes the first time when your discs are rusty. has anyone ever experienced such a weird thing and how was it fixed? damn irritating.

Re: Why are my brakes juddering?

It could be your armbush is wearing out. Usually need to change after 3 to 4 years.

i changed the control arm bushes not too long ago.
must mention that the problem only appeared when i slapped on a bbk, so must be the brakes. or could it be a rim balancing issue? so strange....only happens when braking in that speed range....

How about wheel balancing?

you might have uneven wear on your brake pads or warped brake discs... not sure...

regrind your brake discs lah. Can do several times before you need to change discs.

mars69;192595 said:
problem only appeared when i slapped on a bbk, so must be the brakes

i can only assume that when u slap on yr bbk that included a brand new pair of rotors, now what about the brake pads ? new one or used. If its a used pad this is where the problem may lie, would recommend u grind them flat as it maybe uneven on the contact surface and this is what causing the juddering.

As wat Mracer77 says, only these 2 things can happen.

Cheers and good luck !

Sounds like the discs....very vulnerable esp with BBKs. The pads may have played a part as well esp when the discs are warped.

Regrind the brake disc? Is that dangerous? I heard from few mechanic said that regrind the brake disc is not recommend.

bmw7833;192867 said:
Regrind the brake disc? Is that dangerous? I heard from few mechanic said that regrind the brake disc is not recommend.
I don't see many issues with regrind if the guy who does it KNOWS the limit. I personally don't. I depend on the brake guy.

BUT, if nobody knows the limit, then change the discs. When I change pads, they make so much money outta me that the new discs come for free.

So u ever regrind ur brake disc?

bmw7833;192893 said:
So u ever regrind ur brake disc?
for the current Honda, yes! Just did it. 2nd hand car, previous user must have used it heavily then pour water on it for such a stupid crazy bad warp.

discs were skimmed and balanced and the pads are new.
work shop claims that it's cos of the pads and recommended that i bedded them in to see if it goes away. well, it's getting worse. will try balancing the rims next, but i think it may be cos the person who did the grinding may have done a lousy job ending in uneveness in the disc surface. sigh....problematic mod.

if that's what you suspect, let the workshop know and see if they'll take a look and get the discs machined again. it'll probably take half a day to a day depending on the machining shop's scehdule.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawnloh1221
Back