Which tinting film looks the best???

Re: Which tinting film looks the best???

cool n Lite!

did 2 cars with them. love the grey/blackish colour

Hi, guys. Just wonder anyone install V-Kool Mirage @ Toh Guan. It appears tat CnL is the preferred one here, but I cant get a good price from CnL@Toh Guan. Anyway, will be done by PM SE.

Any comment abt V-Kool Mirage which I think it is their entry-level? Read somewhere about possible 'rust' after 4yrs....how true?

Pls do advise the things I need to check on-the-spot after installation.

Tks a lot.

cablesurge;315645 said:
Have read a couple of threads on tinting. Went down to Vkool at Sin Ming cos i heard that they are the best around in terms of installation. But i just dont like the colour of Vkool. Its got a greenish tint that doesnt make the car look as good IMO. Am really surprised by the lack of choices we have on the tinting film at Vkool. I still think that CnL has better colours for their tints. What do u guys think? The dark grey from them look so much sexier on the car. Not judging based on performance of the tints here, but just pure looks.

Also, do you guys realise that after tinting, visiblity is very bad in the night? The tint actually scatters lights at night and ivisibility seems a little hazy.

Am going more for aesthetics, and workmanship. What do u guys recommend? If i were to go for CnL, where has the best workmanship? Toh Guan?

luohan12;401729 said:
Hi! For u guys info -

Randy and Roy company TINT INC. AUTOMOTIVE FILM is located at 20 UBI RD 4 UBI AUTOMART #01-09 S(408622)

Sherman company Infratint Automotive Film is located at Tradehub 21 #01-80.

Both are different company. Thank u ! :)

:singsing:

Azrielsc;326742 said:
If u get a package from them, i don't see why u can't squeeze them to remove ur current tint for free. Give it a try, I know CnL at Toh Guan is quite accomodating.

I got v-kool. So far no problems. But a friend has 3M. Also no problems. The main risk in all this is the installer. If he is careless, bound to be some scratches and maybe something not put back properly.

I got a brand new car last month. Is it wise to tint the windows? Some pple said they got terrible scratches or door panel not put back properly, etc afterwards. If so, can recommend really good installers in town? :confused:

I'll be visiting Infratint on Sat cuz my bro wants to tint his car! :)

leethomas;412425 said:
I got a brand new car last month. Is it wise to tint the windows? Some pple said they got terrible scratches or door panel not put back properly, etc afterwards. If so, can recommend really good installers in town? :confused:

there's a few good installers..
CnL , 3M , V-Cool etc..

I just done mine at Infratint at 26 Boon Lay Way Tradehub 21 #01-80
call Sherman 94560888

was recommended thru regular forumers's thread.
good job, nice guy, helpful n informative.. now he offer $180 for normal tint, but those good dark color tint i got it for $300 (which normally cost abt $400~500 by other shops)
it takes 2 hrs to do the job, so Sherman send me to IMM for some lunch n walk-ard to past time.

Azrielsc;412435 said:
I'll be visiting Infratint on Sat cuz my bro wants to tint his car! :)

remember to say "Bobby Tay eh-beng-you" arh!!!!if not, Sherman say no discount! :lol2: [/ATTACH]

JLMC;412441 said:
there's a few good installers..
CnL , 3M , V-Cool etc..

I just done mine at Infratint at 26 Boon Lay Way Tradehub 21 #01-80
call Sherman 94560888

was recommended thru regular forumers's thread.
good job, nice guy, helpful n informative.. now he offer $180 for normal tint, but those good dark color tint i got it for $300 (which normally cost abt $400~500 by other shops)
it takes 2 hrs to do the job, so Sherman send me to IMM for some lunch n walk-ard to past time.

is 300 bucks for the highest spec one?

astrosky;412641 said:
is 300 bucks for the highest spec one?

no la bro! Highest spec (full tint black) at $400
:cloud9:

I just got my E90 done by Sherman at Infratint today. What can I say, this guy is tops, excellent service, super friendly and the quality of work done is superb.

I went for the $400 premium package, VERY VERY efficient in keeping the heat out (I drove from East side to Boon Lay at 1.30pm, sun was extremely hot, car was done by 3.30pm, on my drive home it was extremely comfortable and cool even though outside temperature was 36.5deg).

I would highly recommend going to Infratint, Sherman's work quality and efficiency is impeccable. His work area is also indoors and air conditioned, so you don't have to stand around in the heat while waiting.

Total time it took to apply tint to 1) front windscreen, 2) side windows, 3) rear windscreen - only 1.5hrs, including getting the car washed after!

Got my car tinted black black by Sherman on sat - good price, excellent service, effective heat insulation, nice colour! Top choice! :laughlik:

Just tinted my E60 with InfraTint by Sherman, nice work and good price. I would recommend him to the forum members here.

Can anyone recommend a good solar film which gives good protection from the sun but at the same time with a clear view i.e. not too dark. Preferably something that match the blue water exterior with oyster interior. Thanks in advance!

If you're free, pay Sherman a visit at his shop, he'll be more than happy to show you his stable of products.

When I had my tint put on, my main concern was heat rejection. I didn't want to go too dark as I was worried that it may affect driving visibility. After riding in Sherman's car, he showed me that going dark doesn't necessarily need to mean poor driver visibility - from the inside, everything was still as clear as ever, just minus the glare from the sun.

I've had the tint for a couple of weeks now, no issues at all while driving at night either. With the heat we've been experiencing recently, I couldn't be happier with the heat rejection capabilities of the tint Sherman recommended.

Got my E92 tinted with InfraTint. As mentioned by other members, nice job and good price. I did not go for the "black black" version for the front windscreen (abit regret) even though Sherman offered "good price" for replacement during 3 year inspection. Anyway, very happy with the result. Have to up the temp on my aircon (cooler after tinting).

Just got my 997 tinted with Sherman at InfraTint today. Must say service is very good. He bothers to redo my windows a few times till it's perfect, without me even asking. Frankly I cant even tell the imperfection???
Wow, great value and good job. highly recommended.

6888;432294 said:
Got my car tinted black black by Sherman on sat - good price, excellent service, effective heat insulation, nice colour! Top choice! :laughlik:
got mine from SHERMAN 94560888 too !
great price with Platium package, super non-LTA compliance but very nice ! everyday drive with thrill of kanna ROV or LTA. Changes the ride look immediately, look garang, great heat insulation & workmanship 8.5/10 becos the boss SHERMAN sit there talk cock never do for me! if not 10/10. - IMHO :dance:

Back