Which polishing company is good???

Re: Which polishing company is good???

JLMC;412389 said:
u can try call Caz Comp/Chandhra 93872762
bcos the last time (in fact that was the 1st time i use his services) he actually came to my office to pick up my car n send it back when done.
not sure if he will go all the way to town like GS car park or Raffles area.
Thanks bro, will check it out!

C3P0;412393 said:
Thanks bro, will check it out!

u r welcome..:)
but u need abit of persistency to nego with him..
he hesitated to come at first, but he is nice guy to talk to..
he drove a bloody beautiful Alfa 159 (SJKxxx) with swee rims...so u lucky, ask him to loan the car to u lor...:cloud9:

JLMC said:
u can try call Caz Comp/Chandhra 93872762
bcos the last time (in fact that was the 1st time i use his services) he actually came to my office to pick up my car n send it back when done.
not sure if he will go all the way to town like GS car park or Raffles area.
Cazcomp has a branch at Millenia Walk lah.......

Millenia Walk....hmmm....must be the one Tobynik is using.....he mentioned that they are good.

C3P0;412384 said:
ABD, that's my concern as well. That's why I use Groomwerkz because they are in town. Used to be at Maxwell opposite my office, where I drop off my car in the morning and collect it back during lunch. They are now at Esplanade, which is 1 or 2 bus stop(s) away from Raffles Place.:)

How much does it cost? :confused:

EMF;412352 said:
Slater, Groomwerks package amount to $480 for 4 services. What I found cost effective is their wash package, they have this disc, that members can purchase for $50 which entitle you to 12 washes. That's like $4 per wash that you can go to, to any of their 3 branches.

Hmm, just before CNY I was quoted the car wash package for members as $96 for 12 times.

Looks like you have a good discount...when was that? maybe their prices increased:(

Ahbengdriver;412507 said:
check liao let me know hor.
ABD, check out liao. My internal source tells me the service very good. I have seen the results too. Can trust the company. If your car is new, it is safe and worthwhile to send there. Furthermore, Millenia Tower is near town; there may also be free shuttle bus to City Hall or Raffles Place MRT.

The price is higher than GW, so for my old car which is already > 5yrs old, I think I'll stick to the cheaper GW.....

Hope the above is useful!

leethomas;412422 said:
How much does it cost? :confused:
Hi Thomas, see the link here. hope this is useful. But one word of advice, my car is an old car. So I don't mind the imperfection of GW. I go for them because they are cheaper. If yours is a new car, I suggest going for better groomer....:)
C3P0;412355 said:
Their rates are here, depending on the car type. But I think can negotiate (though I'm not sure :) )
Groomwerkz.com: We make the world a shinier place… one car at a time.

ninja07;412456 said:
Hmm, just before CNY I was quoted the car wash package for members as $96 for 12 times.

Looks like you have a good discount...when was that? maybe their prices increased:(
Used to be $50 for 12 washes....must have increase price liao.
Their wash is better than petrol kiosk's one. Less swirl marks/scratches. Very little I will say. But there will be some. So if you are very particular about every single scratch, only choice is to wash yourself. Hope this is useful :)
But again, sometimes I wash myself I also accidentally scratch a bit. But nevermind, ABD and Omar said like that the car looks more macho.:lol2:

C3P0;412517 said:
Used to be $50 for 12 washes....must have increase price liao.
Their wash is better than petrol kiosk's one. Less swirl marks/scratches. Very little I will say. But there will be some. So if you are very particular about every single scratch, only choice is to wash yourself. Hope this is useful :)
But again, sometimes I wash myself I also accidentally scratch a bit. But nevermind, ABD and Omar said like that the car looks more macho.:lol2:

Wish I have time to wash myself, but with kids and no maid, my weekend usually burn....haha. looks like the price increase significant almost two fold....

So Cazcomp at Millenia, GW at Explain-Leh(cheaper).

I prefer to drop car and collect than let those fellas drive my car away n send back later. Just in case kena knocked during transit.

ninja07;412521 said:
Wish I have time to wash myself, but with kids and no maid, my weekend usually burn....haha. looks like the price increase significant almost two fold....
Agreed. I used to send to GW to wash. Bo bian, too tired to wash myself :( . Then my maid came along and save my life, ha ha ha. She now has the best job of washing the rims and vacuuming the carpet. And drying the PP/FRP parts, where there is lower risk of scratch, heh heh.
I know how you feel.

C3P0;412536 said:
Agreed. I used to send to GW to wash. Bo bian, too tired to wash myself :( . Then my maid came along and save my life, ha ha ha. She now has the best job of washing the rims and vacuuming the carpet. And drying the PP/FRP parts, where there is lower risk of scratch, heh heh.
I know how you feel.

I thot maids not suppose to wash car ? Or u must be up to no good.

ninja07;412456 said:

Hi Ninja07, I took up the wash package when they moved into Esplanade carpark a few months back together with the grooming package. Could be a marketing strategy at that time to woo Esplanade staff to take up their grooming services.

If you want, I can help check for you the price of their wash package when they re-open for biz this Fri 6 Feb. Lemme know ya.

Just remembered something. GW did scratched my window's film once.

After that got 1 or 2 minor scratches, plus my door protector ganna scratched. For these latter errors, they remedied for me.

It's funny how, after a while, the bad memory fades. I guess it's their good attitute, or that I tend to be more forgiving. But do take note of the above mistakes they made, and also of toto's post on the first page. Cheaper, but got risks.....hope this is useful for all......

But to be fair to the groomers, I had caused more damage to my own car than any single groomer did :lol2: :lol2:

Ahbengdriver;412532 said:
I prefer to drop car and collect than let those fellas drive my car away n send back later. Just in case kena knocked during transit.
Same here. scared they drive my car go biao char bor at geylang, then people see my car thought it's me, then my reputation gone. :lol2:

Ahbengdriver;412538 said:
I thot maids not suppose to wash car ? Or u must be up to no good.
If you have the chance to see her - (no offence here to her though) - you'll know that I will spend more at Dragon to get "up to no good" :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

EMF;412540 said:
Hi Ninja07, I took up the wash package when they moved into Esplanade carpark a few months back together with the grooming package. Could be a marketing strategy at that time to woo Esplanade staff to take up their grooming services.

If you want, I can help check for you the price of their wash package when they re-open for biz this Fri 6 Feb. Lemme know ya.

Thanks EMF for the offer. I signed up for the grooming package too recently before CNY and that was what I was quoted for the car wash package.. Must say they did a fantastic job on my car though, the service was great.

Well, if you can get it for cheaper, do let me know. Thanks again.

ninja07;412617 said:
Thanks EMF for the offer. I signed up for the grooming package too recently before CNY and that was what I was quoted for the car wash package.. Must say they did a fantastic job on my car though, the service was great.

Well, if you can get it for cheaper, do let me know. Thanks again.

Sure thing Ninja07 ... will let you know this Fri when they re-open ok.

Hi,

I dont see how some groomers can do a good job if they do not even have a proper washing bay to hose down the dirt and grime on my car. That is the basic requirement even before you even start waxing your car, that is to have a proper wash down to begin with. Just my two cents worth.

i'm such a pain when it comes to car grooming....have not let anyone wash my ride for e last 8 years....... I've tried out a product frm US n it helps to cut down my time needed by half....result was amazing..... (it is not for sale yet over here)

used to have my car sent to groomers for polish & waxing but realised that no prdt in e market can last more than 2 mths without having it wax again. most paint protection prdts can only prove best result if u wash n maintain ur paint correctly but it is not easy to do so as it entails:

rite washing methods, rite cloth, changing e cloths after certain times of washes, able to hose off dust & particles b4 every wash n so on................

my experiences:

mama wash - 1 pail washes min 5 - 10 cars n e cloth uses till it almost disintegrates

petrol kiosk machine wash - e spinning fiber tat goes onto ur car is like using green wool sponge on ur paint

petrol kiosk handwash - not to bad provided they uses rite prdt n not MAMA LEMON n e pressure tat their guys put on to wipe ur car contributes to 80% of your swirl marks

maid wash - unless they r trained n u r there to monitor them, otherwise they makes no differece frm e regular mama wash

groomer wash - still one of e best as they need to upkeep their reputation in e market

note: all experiences are based on after having paint protection application and how u can maintain ur paint wk there after.

imho, no prdt in e market can keep ur paint in tip top condition if u do not maintain it well after any form of protection or wax and it will not make sense to have ur paint buffed to many times bcos of minor swirl marks & water marks

conclusion: have regular proper maintainence and make sure u change ur cloth when e pile is flatten. hose off or clean off asap any form of pourous stuff tat comes in contact with ur paint n if possible, use good paint care prdt during ur regular wash.

hope tis helps
cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ww88comcom1
Back