Where to tune?

ongyw

Hi guys! Need advices on where to tune. Review and experience appreciated!
Anyone heard on Mcchip? Any review on that? Thanks in advance for sharing. Cheers =)

Re: Where to tune?

ongyw;657510 said:
Hi guys! Need advices on where to tune. Review and experience appreciated!
Anyone heard on Mcchip? Any review on that? Thanks in advance for sharing. Cheers =)

ECU tuning? what car? what engine?

cheers

Yes ECU tuning. I'm driving E90 320i. Too many options available. Dont know which workshop to go to.

ongyw;657697 said:
Yes ECU tuning. I'm driving E90 320i. Too many options available. Dont know which workshop to go to.

So far Boss ok, heard quite a lot of owner did it and are happy with it.

Cheers

Last edited:

I don't think you need to spend money on a custom ecu tune. For your car there are piggyback systems available which are more cost effective options and stealth. I don't have the names for the 320 but I used juicebox on my old 335. Check in with your friendly workshop but do your research first by roaming on the us forums like e90post.

kuvesh;657844 said:
I don't think you need to spend money on a custom ecu tune. For your car there are piggyback systems available which are more cost effective options and stealth. I don't have the names for the 320 but I used juicebox on my old 335. Check in with your friendly workshop but do your research first by roaming on the us forums like e90post.

Bro,
How much did you pay fo your juicebox? Thanks.

ECU tuning is still the best. Most of these workshops only do ECU reflash...
No customisation... You should go for what you want. I do not want my car to be the same as others. I am looking for more low to mid end gain...

even custom is dyno tune only la ... up/down some parameters differently
not many workshop will give road-tuning, very tedious and probably more expensive and chase customer away

kirk713;681542 said:
No customisation... You should go for what you want. I do not want my car to be the same as others. I am looking for more low to mid end gain...

wt_know;681589 said:
even custom is dyno tune only la ... up/down some parameters differently
not many workshop will give road-tuning, very tedious and probably more expensive and chase customer away

Road tuning is less expensive...My previous, previous Car (WRX) is road tuned by Henry from Cosmic Racing. I will be waiting for him to tune my E46 with AFE intake and Eisenmann...

road tune is always much better than dyno tune.

kirk713;681542 said:

we're talking about a e90 320 street car here... not a turbo charged track machine...

kuvesh;681890 said:
we're talking about a e90 320 street car here... not a turbo charged track machine...

So? My previous WRX is also a street car... and my E46 will also be a street car.

kirk713;681914 said:
So? My previous WRX is also a street car... and my E46 will also be a street car.

IMO, no need to waste money on a custom tune for a street driven e90 320 when there are plenty of off the shelf options

custom tuning for a wrx, evo, etc is better because of the many different aftermarket parts people throw in.

However, most bmw drivers don't go beyond an exhaust and/or intake. These simple mods are normally catered for in piggy backs like juice box.

kuvesh;681922 said:
IMO, no need to waste money on a custom tune for a street driven e90 320 when there are plenty of off the shelf options

custom tuning for a wrx, evo, etc is better because of the many different aftermarket parts people throw in.

However, most bmw drivers don't go beyond an exhaust and/or intake. These simple mods are normally catered for in piggy backs like juice box.

You got a point.:)

Seems that the initial respond here is to go for JB4 instead of custom tune for my 335. A buddy did his at BVO and were raving about the amount of power his getting. No before and after dyno though. So how much would the JB4 brand new costs? I was told that it has got 8 pre-set mapping. For a stock ride like mine, just curious, how much bhp increase can i expect from this simple exercise?

i visit Autovox the other day and have to say that i am pretty impressed by their setup. maybe you can check with them ..

Well, you guys probably know the 318i is a de-tuned 320.

So, I up-tuned my second 318i by Alvin and Nick from Monster-Tune.com

Fresh from PML 1/12/2011 @ 11am, handed over to these guys at 12.30pm.
They took 4 hours of detailed tuning to the ECU program/data on the spot.

Really didn't want anyone to drop any aftermarket ECU program/data or simply load a 320 ECU program/data or any generic map.
Original data/program is specially tuned for my need for better throttle response and early power delivery.

Excellent results.

Last edited by a moderator:

Try Monster Tune, can speak to Alvin or nick. I personally felt that the car felt great to drive after tuning, pick up was so much, and the drive was extremely smooth. Hope this helps! =D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33winfans
Back