Where to find nice Rims?

VenomX2

Hi, does anyone know where I can find some nice rims. Doesn't matter original or replica as long its nice and won't fall apart. But if replica is there a difference between say those from Taiwan and Italy?

Would changing from stock 17" to 18" make much of a difference?

Shop location and name would be nice. Thanks.

Re: Where to find nice Rims?

Well, my point of view in rims is that it is not necessary to get such expensive rims. No matter how expensive your rims right, it will still get scratch if u grind on kerbs. The more expensive it cost, the more heartache u got. Most rim shops have the same taiwan replica rims supplier so its kanna the same. Just see which shop offers a higher rim trade in price and workmanship. Go to the recommended mechanics in this forums. I think hurry tires is not bad. Or i you are going for higher end deals. Why not grab the hamman rims tat is on sale now on the forum.

Oh ya, i have a question too. Does changing bigger rims have an effect on the speed on the car. As in, will it be traveling faster than what the speedometer shows? My friend told me that the speedometer is adjusted according to the rotation of the stock rims. Please advise, i dun wanna take pictures on the highway... thanks

change from 17 to 18, rims heavier, speed slower, Fc increase lor unless your new 18s are light alloy or whatever.
heard from my rim shop that the italy ones are slightly heavier than the taiwan replicas

Thanks for the response guys. Usually only go to Hurry so just wondering where else can I find other rim designs.

if u wanna go LOOK at rims, can try autobacs at bt batok but pricewise, they are higher. just like the 17 ac replicas, they are selling for 1.2k while u can get for under 900 from small rim shops. can recommend u my rim shop if u want but they dun carry much stock, can only look at their catalogue and order

Rays is best'

btw, your speedo wont change, the rolling diameter of the tyre will be the same on a 17 or 18, probably 19 as well. Just the rim size changes, not the tyre diameter

Rays tyre shop or something like that, msorry i totally forget where he is, someone will know, I noticed its not in the resources page anymore. I got my wheels from him, really nice guy. I think its in kaki bukit?

ok, i found it

Rays Sport Rim centre
10 kaki bukit raod 1
#01-41

Leong Seng
No.53, Ubi Ave 1, Paya Ubi Industrial Park
Tel: 67444280

Stamford
19 Lok Yang Way
Tel: 62623355

South East (*)
10 Kaki Bukit Road 1 #01-20
Tel: 68442288

Hurry (*)
511 Bt Timah Road
Tel: 64663776

All had quite an extensive amount of good looking wheels.

good luck on your search.

Just want to share my experience with Ray-S. Very friendly people. Shop is spanking clean and display is well arrayed. Raymond is instantly recognized as friendly and sincere, being a Bimmer lover himself.

To all E90 320 owners, if you are still wearing the 16" runflats, do yourself a big favour, change them! You don't realize how heavy those are compared to the Taiwan replicas. I got a set of 18" AC Type 4, with ContiContact3s on Monday. The pick-up is so much better. Was initially very apprehensive about changing to larger rims but after I "weighed" the stock rims vs an 18" Taiwan replica w tires, the difference is very great.
The steering became so much lighter. It's like I got 10 bhp more. Handling is more sure-footed than the 16"s.

They would also lend you a stock 16" runflat in case you are heading north.
PS: There is a large pile of stock 16" runflats in his basement!

Southeast Tyres has a good selection of Italy and Taiwan rims as well as original BBS rims. If price is not a concern, try the BBS Gold forged rims....18" only weigh about 10kg.
Besides if rims canna kerb and is scratched, some shops can repair and polish it back for u. Never try yet, so have no idea how the workmanship is.

I gotta tell you, Ray is a cool dude. Even gave me drinks and smokes!! haha.

He often has second hand rims to

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Raymond - Ray-S is the best. Very friendly and good pricing.

The recommendation from the most of the members here are very helpful - If can, go for the 19" with CSC-3 and you will never regret. I switched from stock 16" to 18" with Toyo (within 1 mth) but when changed to CSC-3 the ride is so much better and quieter than 18".

bentai85;259803 said:
Well, my point of view in rims is that it is not necessary to get such expensive rims. No matter how expensive your rims right, it will still get scratch if u grind on kerbs. The more expensive it cost, the more heartache u got. Most rim shops have the same taiwan replica rims

I dont agree hiadee. if u talking just abt looks, then yes taiwan replicas is fine. anyway china n taiwan can replicate any damn thing these days to look like OEMs.

Ever heard of Ultra light Forged Rims?:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8may88vip
Back